Redfield ace optics .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redfield ace optics .

Has anyone tried out their optics ? I was killing time at Academy and was looking at a sig Romeo zero ,a 507 and the noticed the redfield ace . It looked well made .It’s 150 bucks . The sig was 200 and the 507 was about 300 .

don't know the redfield ace specifically, but I do have a redfield scope on one of my rifles and i very much like it. easy to set up and sight in. its my go-to setup during hunting season.

Comment

Originally posted by forced-2-work View Post
      don't know the redfield ace specifically, but I do have a redfield scope on one of my rifles and i very much like it. easy to set up and sight in. its my go-to setup during hunting season.

They guy working the sales counter told me the Academy bought redfield from Leupold.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
        They guy working the sales counter told me the Academy bought redfield from Leupold.
        Very interesting. I did not know that. When I bought mine, leupold still owned them………….so I’m not sure of their quality now that academy owns them

Comment

You can get the 407k little over $200.
          What’s it going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like Academy did buy Redfield

/PRNewswire/ -- Leupold & Stevens, Inc., provider of the world's most rugged, lightweight, and clear sport optics, is pleased to announce the sale of the...

Comment

Originally posted by Yelladog View Post
              You can get the 407k little over $200.
              What’s it going on?

365xl

Comment

Holosun is worth the extra money. Can’t comment on the red field. But I stay away from them usually.

Comment

Can't speak for the ACE but got the wife a Redfield LPVO for her plinking AR and she likes it. I can't see any downside to it yet.

Comment

i have a Redfield Revolution on my 270 and love it. Its about 7-8 years old

Comment

365xl

Holosun is the best option imo. Durability is def better than the Romeo 0.

Comment

I got told the same thing a coupe weeks ago, when I was looking at a Sig Romeo 4, Juliet combo. I saw the Redfield red dot, looked like they copied the Sig Romeo 4.

The guy behind the counter told me that Academy had purchased Redfield. He gave me the impression they were cheap optics. Which is saddening, since Redfield used to be the best US optics or at least equal to Leupold. If you go back to the 70, I would say they were better than Leupold, or at least you hardly ever heard of Leupold back then. Redfields were the scopes to have. In the 80s, Leupolds became more common, but Redfield was definitely more common. Then in the 90s, Leupold really stepped up. Then sometime in the mid to later 90s, things started going down hill. I have been hoping someone would turn the company around.

Bushnell, which has always been cheap, low quality scopes, but now they are trying to make higher end scopes. I keep thinking, how did Bushnell ever get to be considered a high end scope manufacture and Redfield is a maker of cheap scopes.

Comment

was low on funds and bought a redfield spotting scope was supposed to be good at the range up to 300yds but it works for me to 500. Very inexpensive and great to play with while sitting in a blind.

Comment

Working...
                          X