Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much is Made in the USA worth to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Briggs or Honda? Japan makes some good high dollar stuff

Comment

With the kids I see coming into the workforce these days, I may just stick with China

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
        If the manufacturer can get the same quality of product overseas for less $$, why wouldn't they? Especially if they can sell the same amount or more. That is their purpose, to make profit. It is also the UNION's job as well. To increase pay/benefits for their members. They ended up pricing themselves out of jobs.

Its the same thing that will happen if/when minimum wage is raised. That $8.00/hr. burger flipper will now get $15.00/hr. only he won't get any hours because the fast food joint bought a new fangled robotic burger flipper. It costs $12/hr. to operate after you factor in cost, maintenance, etc... and it does a much better, more consistent job while not needing benefits, time off, etc... Now that kid will be out of a job and complain that the fast food joint is greedy for not wanting more expensive labor.

And yes, quality of product is a concern whether being made overseas or stateside. Are there crappy products made overseas, yes. But there are some fantastic products made overseas as well. Many of the products that get touted as fantastic, great quality, etc... are made in China. It is the exact same here in the US. That is all about the company's QC standards, and is the same for ALL manufacturing whether here in the states or overseas.
        This^

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
          With the kids I see coming into the workforce these days, I may just stick with China
          The documentary "American Factory" on Netflix basically says Chinese mfg is better because Americans are entitled to safe working conditions and want better wages.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
            You see kids coming into the workforce?

Comment

I’m off to Harbor Freight to pick up a gasoline transfer pump……..

Comment

I need to do a better job of made in the USA.

I will say I paid a pretty penny for my sons baseball glove from Nokona. Being made in Texas is definitely one of the reason I bought it.

Comment

Cheapest best product is where my loyalty is.

Comment

My made in the USA jeans are awesome, fit great, flexible, rugged, and cost a pretty penny. But every bit of them come from America. And let's face it, blue jeans originated in America, and it's a joke they are made anywhere else.

Check out origin USA if looking for quality American jeans.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                      My made in the USA jeans are awesome, fit great, flexible, rugged, and cost a pretty penny. But every bit of them come from America. And let's face it, blue jeans originated in America, and it's a joke they are made anywhere else.

I own a couple pair of these jeans. They are the best quality jean I’ve ever worn.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

Great looking products.

A pretty penny is right. They denim jeans ($128) and a pair of boxer briefs ($70) and for $200 you can run to Walmart to shop for beans and rice……

Or while at Walmart you can buy 10 pairs of Wranglers, wherever they are made.

Going back to the OP and the theoretical $125 camera versus a $155 camera kind of goes by the wayside. A 24% difference doesn’t have quite the same really same to it as a 900% difference.

I think it is great that such companies exist. The 61% of families living paycheck to paycheck will probably be in line for the $15 jeans.

If some of the philanthropists on TBH are feeling generous toward a retiree and want to send me a couple of pairs of Origin 38”x32” jeans…….

Comment

I wish there was a made in Texas gas pump. I would pay whatever they are asking. I work in an American manufacturing company. I buy American when I can. There is few and far between. My best hunting clothes are made overseas. I own several Kifaru packs (made in America) and they are the best quality and workmanship hands down. Give them a try. Origion Maine is my clothing of choice. It’s taken me 3X as long to accrue what I’ve bought at WM but I feel good about it and the quality is top notch. I shoot Iron Will broad head as well. Do I need to pay $35/head, no but I do. America is my vote!
                          Last edited by Big Ace; 08-03-2022, 10:37 PM.

Comment

As to the original question posted by the OP, if the US made camera is of equal quality I would purchase it.

Question for the OP. Are you actually contemplating building cameras made in America?

Comment

These days it seems like folks are more concerned about buying as much stuff as possible versus buying a limited amount of quality stuff. We have become a society of “needing” to have everything.

For many decades, manufactures both foreign and domestic have been playing tricks on consumers to squeeze every penny they can in the name of profit. greed on the consumer side to have everything and greed on the manufacture side to squeeze every penny possible in the name of profit has us in a sad state of affairs.

There is no turning back now until the “caca” hits the fan blades.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                                Unfortunately, every semiconductor is built in China or Taiwan. The new tax bill the Senate is voting on is to fund "chip" plants among other things. It will be a couple of years before we will have any of these plants up and running.
                                Adios,
                                Gary
                                I listened to a presentation a few months back that they mentioned about semiconductor plants either built, going to build if I remember correctly. I actually never followed up on looking it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X