Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it safe to travel into Mexico + White?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elgato View Post
    We went to a weeding in Queretaro not far from Mexico City a year or so ago. OMG!!! Was as over the top as anything I've seen. Loved the city with its very cool down town area. Super chic boutique hotel. Walked all over and had a blast. Stumbled home.

Going to LSU football game in New Orleans opening season. Now thats a dangerous place!

This made me laugh, I’ve spent a good bit of time in third world countries for work. New Orleans is the only place someone’s ever tried to rob me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's funny how folks think carrying a gun in Mexico would help if the cartel actually tried to kidnap you

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        My wife purchased tickets for her and our kids to go into Mexico City for a family wedding in Feb. I told her hold off on mine until I figured out its safe for a white person to travel to the non-touristy interior of Mexico. My initial gut is this is not going to be safe, especially following some midterm shakeups. Do any of you have any CURRENT experience traveling through the interior of Mexico? Is it safe?

I am a Mexican citizen born and living in Monterrey, traveling to CDMX is quite safe, especially if you are going to do it by plane. CDMX is a city where 23 million people live together and obviously there is crime and violence like in any big city in the world, don't get carried away by yellow news, in the big cities of Mexico (MTY, GDL, CDMX) there are many citizens foreigners living and working without problems.

As an aside, last year I was in Houston and due to my ignorance I stayed in the Greenspoint area, I had to go to a Walmart to do some shopping, that's where I did feel quite uncomfortable and insecure.

Obviously in Mexico we have many security problems, you just have to know which areas and places to avoid, CDMX is a city that receive millions of tourist every year

Someone mentioned before that he traveled to the Michoacan area and he has not had any problems. Personally, I would not set foot in that area, but everyone has their own version of it.

Comment

My brother in law fell off the wagon yesterday and headed straight for Reynosa as if thats the best place in the world to hide out in. He works for his sister as carpenter handyman. He stayed in Reynosa for 4 years last time this happened. He has spent half his life in a cage #la mala vida borderlife. I had to bury his brother a few years ago from drowning in the river and we miss him every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
            It's as safe as the streets of Houston or Dallas if you mind your own business. Don't be dumb while there and all will be fine.

What? So......crime victims in Mexico, Houston, and Dallas are just dumb?

Comment

I've been to Mexico once. It was fun. But knowing what I know now I wouldn't go back. Mexicans don't even like it in Mexico. They ain't up here for no reason.

Comment

Not an issue.
                Be smart and aware and it’s like just about any other big city on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                  I've been to Mexico once. It was fun. But knowing what I know now I wouldn't go back. Mexicans don't even like it in Mexico. They ain't up here for no reason.
                  This is 100 percent untrue. They have a very deep love for their country, but despise their crooked government. Sound familiar? Most are here for work, but I can promise you if their economy was better they'd never leave. An economy that has been devastated by a crooked government from the top to the bottom.

Have you ever seen Mexico play a soccer game here in the US? The amount of support is mind blowing. They love their country. And their culture.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                    We went to a weeding in Queretaro not far from Mexico City a year or so ago. OMG!!! Was as over the top as anything I've seen. Loved the city with its very cool down town area. Super chic boutique hotel. Walked all over and had a blast. Stumbled home.

Going to LSU football game in New Orleans opening season. Now thats a dangerous place!
                    Hey! I want to go to a “weeding”. Sounds like a high time.

Comment

I love old Mexico. I will live there and spend my days on the beach. Puerto Penasco, Mexico. Just like anywhere in the world, if you look for bad you'll find it. Do freak instances happen? Yes. The true Mexican locals are some of the finest people I've met. I have friends that I visit who are born and raised. We drive to go visit them and stay with them. The Mexican culture is a loving, kind, hard working, and do not respect or promote the violence that occurs. They value family. Now, is there a flip side to that coin? Yes. Just like here. I would not hesitate for a second to travel by car, plane, bus, bicycle into Mexico. Enjoy a great time. Great food!!

Comment

It's safe just mind your own buisness and you will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          This is 100 percent untrue. They have a very deep love for their country, but despise their crooked government. Sound familiar? Most are here for work, but I can promise you if their economy was better they'd never leave. An economy that has been devastated by a crooked government from the top to the bottom.

Have you ever seen Mexico play a soccer game here in the US? The amount of support is mind blowing. They love their country. And their culture.
                          I've seen everything Mexicans do in Mexico in the United States. I'm a hop,skip and a jump away from Liberal,Kansas. That's all there is there. I know they love it there. But they don't love it enough to stay. So I need to stay were I'm at. If I want authentic Mexican anything I just drive and go get it. There's no reason for me to be fooling around South of the border as a white guy.

The scenery is better in Cancun. But I can go eat or drink or see anything that's in Mexico City right up north a little ways. And there's always a chance you'll get shot and killed in Liberal, Kansas if you like the danger aspect of it all. All from the comfort of your own home.

And that's not sarcasm whatsoever. I ate one taco while I was in Cancun. I can literally get the same thing every day of the week. And I'm not even gonna lie, I go on vacation to eat. I love food,love drinks. If I go somewhere the last thing I eat is Mexican food. I eat so many tacos I practically am Mexican.
                          Last edited by okrattler; 07-30-2022, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Lots of Americans down there. Saw this article the other day.

An influx of Californians and other Americans has made its way to Mexico City, angering some locals who say they are gentrifying the area, according to a report.

Comment

I like it, I really love it. Now they see how we feel. How about they come over here and take back all their people and we will take ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

FWIW, this is what the State Department has to say.

Comment

Working...
                                X