Hot Melt/Hot Glue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot Melt/Hot Glue

Is hot melt and hot glue the same thing? If not, will hot glue work just the same to hold inserts? Hot glue gun seems a lot easier than melting a stick of hot melt.

I’ve never used a glue gun, you need a way to apply some heat to the insert along with the glue from the stick. Otherwise, use 2 part epoxy, better hold and no risk of damaging carbon.

Comment

Glue gun sticks are too soft. The hot glue for inserts is harder and more durable.

Comment

Gorilla glue impact tough!

Comment

No not the same

Comment

Hot glue will continue to melt over and over. If you are sitting outside with the mosquitos and copperhead early season, it will soften.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
              Hot glue will continue to melt over and over. If you are sitting outside with the mosquitos and copperhead early season, it will soften.
              True. I quite using hot melt glue years ago after I quite using wooden arrows. Once I went carbon, epoxy for the inserts and fletchtite for the nocks for me. I lost too many inserts in targets with other glues.

Comment

No. I swapped to hot melt last year and have had a good experience.

Comment

Working...
                X