No announcement yet.

SUV recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious, what is her current truck? I might be interested if you are selling outright.

Agree on the Expedition. My two cents on the others that sort of fill that class of SUV, the Tahoe is really nice in the front two seats, but the rear seats look/feel like a school bus. If you get the fancy one, plan to have issues with the air ride system too.

If you go Dodge, it is on a unibody platform (It's the same as the current Charger/Challenger, which is a 90's Mercedes Benz platform), so less structurally rigid than the other two. There is decent room, and the interior is shockingly nice. Also, towing/hauling capacity is down in the Dodge.

The 4runner is small, so not sure how many kids you have, but everyone I know who bought one went to an Expedition within a year of the 4runner just because of size. My buddy has the Sequia and loves it. Terrible mileage, but he has three kids, and he can haul all their stuff and then some no problem. And never had a breakdown, and it's mechanically a very simple SUV.

Comment

I would lean toward the Tahoe/Expedition/Sequoia size of SUV. My wife has had several smaller SUVs like an Acadia and an Acura RDX and with them she was always short on room. We just got a '22 Tahoe a few months back and she couldn't be happier.

Comment

Wife drives a 2015 grand Cherokee right now. She has been trying to make me have a car payment again. Haha.

She likes the grand Cherokee L, grand wagoneer(yeah right, we don’t live that life), expedition, Kia telluride and Nissan Armada.

Not in the mood for a payment, so I haven’t really researched them much. Her grand cherokee has been a great vehicle, just finally had the first little issue with it back in May and it was $20 in parts and a couple hours in the driveway.

I’ve heard of electrical issues on the Telluride, but I think they are getting it sorted like with any new model.

Comment

We have 19 Yukon and it gets around 23 mpg. Other than a lack of luggage space with the third row used, it's been a good SUV. We are at 60K and the only maintenance has been oil changes and a set of tires.

Before the Yukon we had a Honda Pilot and Acura MDX that we both hated because of the road noise. The Acura was like an AWD sports cars, so it ate tires and had a really stiff suspension. The Honda was roomy, just didn't hold up to Hill Country living.

Comment

Another vote for the Expedition Max.

Comment

We just got my wife a BMW X7. She really likes it and I have to admit that I like it too. She wanted something a little bigger than her previous mid size suv but didn't want to go full size tahoe or expedition. I'm surprised how much room there is in it...and since we will very rarely need the 3rd row seats up, there is a lot of cargo room in the back as well.

I don't envy your position at all. Car shopping is terrible these days.

Comment

If you're going to look at the Expeditions you might as well look into the Tahoe, Suburban, and Yukons as well. My wife's next car will be a Yukon. She currently has a 4runner, and with 2 kids and all the traveling we do its not big enough.

Comment

We went with a Yukon XL back in 2016 and it has been a great family vehicle. Put our name on the list for a 2023 build last week.

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
                    We’ve been very happy with our AWD Kia Telluride. First foreign vehicle I’ve ever owned, and no complaints. Feels luxurious inside, sporty looking on the outside, and averages 24-25 mph. We decided against a full size SUV since she commutes to the med center and parks in a parking garage. I was surprisingly impressed with the interior room. Haven’t regretted the decision once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    They are actually made in Georgia, at one of the most Feste catered assembly plants of its kind.

Only care that comes with factory 10 year 100,000 mile warranty.

Comment

My wife had a Sequoia, Suburban, and now an Expedition Max. I like the Expedition the best out of all of them. The Sequoia was really nice but didn't have the rear storage as large as we needed. The Suburban was fine, but pretty slow and low on power. The Expedition with the eco boost is quick, plenty of power, and by far the nicest interior of the ones we had.

I have four daughters and would go with the biggest one you can get! My daily driver is an Excursion. Sure wish they still made them.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCountry101 View Post
                        My wife had a Sequoia, Suburban, and now an Expedition Max. I like the Expedition the best out of all of them. The Sequoia was really nice but didn't have the rear storage as large as we needed. The Suburban was fine, but pretty slow and low on power. The Expedition with the eco boost is quick, plenty of power, and by far the nicest interior of the ones we had.

I have four daughters and would go with the biggest one you can get! My daily driver is an Excursion. Sure wish they still made them.

Same here, my wife refuses to get rid of her Excursion. It’s been her daily driver for over 16 straight years now. 400k and going strong with seven kids.

Comment

We just picked up a 4RUNNER and my fiancé loves it. Just a heads up it was cheaper to get on a waiting list and buy new instead of used.

Comment

We just traded in a 2016 Expedition XL Platinum 3.5 ecoboost. It served us well, but as it got older in age it began to cost me more than I was willing to continue to put in it. Finally got rid of it at 120k miles, and it we got beat up bad on the trade in, but the market for big SUVs with mileage on them right now is rough. We should have traded it sub 100k miles. Before we traded it in I had replaced the complete upper intake, throttle body assembly, water pump, and it was in bad need of new struts and an alignment. It was a really nice truck overall and we ended up putting her in a 22 f150 fx4 5.0 due to not having to haul 5 kids around anymore.

Comment

We have an LX570 now after a string of Yukons. The Yukons just got worse in quality so we gave up. The LX is an absolute tank and we love it.

Only down sides: It's Slow Slow and gets Terrible MPG... It really just gets driven on the weekends since you can see the school from the house and they like to take the farm truck to sports so it doesn't really matter to us. It will get a super charger at some point to at least make it more peppy. Never going to be a prius.

Comment

Dodge Durango is pretty nice. We compared them to all the others in that class and the best bang for the buck was the Dodge. We shopped the Expedition, 4Runner, Tahoe, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X