INEOS Chocolate Bayou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INEOS Chocolate Bayou

Anybody work over there that’s on here? If so and you don’t mind please shoot me a PM. Have a few questions, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by TA_Fab View Post
    Anybody work over there that’s on here? If so and you don’t mind please shoot me a PM. Have a few questions, thanks!

For Ineos or as contractor? I've retubed a few heaters, almost got ran off for catching an alligator, and worked 2 turnarounds over there in the past. Not a bad place to be as a contractor, and all the ops guys I've ever met loved it out there.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chwoodall View Post
      For Ineos or as contractor? I've retubed a few heaters, almost got ran off for catching an alligator, and worked 2 turnarounds over there in the past. Not a bad place to be as a contractor, and all the ops guys I've ever met loved it out there.

I’m a safety manager for a specialty construction company based in the Houston area. We are in & out of there performing heater retubes and the occasional turnaround. I’ve always enjoyed working there.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpg View Post
        I’m a safety manager for a specialty construction company based in the Houston area. We are in & out of there performing heater retubes and the occasional turnaround. I’ve always enjoyed working there.
        I used to work out there for WHM on heaters, and worked for Able a time or two as a GF.

Comment

A former co-worker of mine left there a few months back . He hates it . He left Inneos green lake to go there . Regrets it now .

Comment

Thanks for replies guys, and yes looking for someone working directly for INEOS.

Comment

Message sent. I work out there.

Comment

I work with a guy that was there 30 years. From his description and hanging out with him and his buddies, the new company that got the contract is running all the old hands off and changing everything up. Sounds pretty sad to be honest. All these guys started there young together, raised families there etc and now getting pushed out.

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                  I work with a guy that was there 30 years. From his description and hanging out with him and his buddies, the new company that got the contract is running all the old hands off and changing everything up. Sounds pretty sad to be honest. All these guys started there young together, raised families there etc and now getting pushed out.

The new company? It’s been ineos for some time, think since around 2000?

OP, my cousin is the operations manager there for one side of the facility. PM if you would like something specific.

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                    Never heard anything about someone getting pushed out. It’s common out there for people who retired to come back and job rep. Once those jobs or projects are done sometimes there is nothing else for them. But that is known upfront as they are job repping for temporary jobs.

Comment

TBH never fails, thanks guys!

Comment

I used to work there. The LAO side is brand new, so I can't say much for that. But the Olefins side is really old; built in the mid 70's. That said... lots of operations work there, such as dryer regens, is manual vs automated like at most newer facilities. That can be a good and bad thing. Most of the valves and piping were clamped long term. There were even a few plugged control valves that had another control valve saddle welded in bypassing the 1st. Then when that one plugged, a 2nd bypass was added. That's just a little of what to expect in an older plant.

The local leadership was historically very much the good old boys club. I've heard not much has changed since the newer batch was groomed to be their replacements.

Most people I've kept up with who left Ineos CBW, claim its due to bad management. I do know that every year around bonus time I really miss working there. They've had a lot of 20% bonus checks. I don't know that I'd go back, but its not a bad place to work.

A small drawback is there is absolutely nowhere close to run out to for grabbing lunches. So its sandwiches, leftovers, or cooking there. They used to do everything in their power to kill 7th day pay. There also wasn't any kicking back without having an ear open, listening for the shift supervisor trying to sneak in the pressurized door, to catch operators with their feet up.

Last thing, traffic is an absolute nightmare! Where they used to only have 2 entrances, there is now maybe 6. They are located on FM-2004 which is a fairly busy 2 lane highway. At shift relief time its like a couple of hundred angry-PMS-ridden-teen-aged-girls were set loose all at once on the highway. There are NO traffic signals there for any of the entrances and its not uncommon for cars to pull out right in front of high speed traffic. There was a young Brazoria County Sheriff Deputy who was struck and killed while he was placing traffic control flares, by a wreckless driving contractor foreman on his way to work. Ineos management has used that as an excuse to not pursue any traffic control during higher traffic times like turn-arounds. I've all but stopped driving past the plant any more from 5-7pm. We asked about a traffic light but it hasn't happened in the 17 years since the accident.

Comment

I worked there for the redstone lao project for almost 2 years as a subcontractor enjoyed working there hated 2004 tho…

Comment

Working...
                          X