Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost of doing business.

Comment

A friend has a 300 acre low fence pasture close to the nueces river outside of Carrizo Springs, we just started feeding the place pretty heavy. There is really no telling what is going to be running around

Comment

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
        Can someone elaborate on this? t y
        Found out about it on here and then had to look it up on the books to verify. It'll take some digging but you can find it. It was too much work for me to do again.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
          Wasnt trying to be crass or unsympathetic to any of the landowners losses. It just kinda popped in my mind when I was thinking/ reading about all the flooding.

noted and appreciate the clarification.
          sorry if i may have misread your comments

lots of destruction in the path of all that rain

Comment

Hopefully all those animals trapped in those enclosures made it out without drowning.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
              BEWARE! It's now illegal in Texas to shoot an exotic with a clearly visible ear tag without making several attempts to locate the owner. I teach hunters ed occasionally and only recently learned about this law that's been on the books for a few years now.
              Now how can I get the number from said tag if he ain't laying down?

Comment

Can you insure a herd of exotics in a similar manner that you would livestock? Does farm insurance cover this kind of stuff? Just curious. I know a lot of people are going to lose a lot of money on those animals that get loose.

I know that some of the ranches near my lease have cut their own fences to let exotics and livestock run free to avoid wildfires.

I'd do the same. I'd rather see them run free on someone else's property rather than suffer a horrible death by burning.

Seems to me there should be a way for ranchers to insure their exotics.

Comment

Them sale barn whitetails are going to get out and be jacking up the native deer herd genetics.

I'm sure we see several 180"+ "free range" hill country whitetails shot later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                    BEWARE! It's now illegal in Texas to shoot an exotic with a clearly visible ear tag without making several attempts to locate the owner. I teach hunters ed occasionally and only recently learned about this law that's been on the books for a few years now.
                    Lol

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                      Them sale barn whitetails are going to get out and be jacking up the native deer herd genetics.

I'm sure we see several 180"+ "free range" hill country whitetails shot later this year.
                      That’s what I was thinking. I bet it will muddy the waters in some big buck contests in the affected areas.

Hopefully any diseases that might have been present won’t be spread, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Gherkin05 View Post
                        Now how can I get the number from said tag if he ain't laying down?
                        "Whoa there big fella! Just wanna get a look @ that tag for a serial #."

Comment

This is in fact a new law and GWs will pursue this. Had a customer bring in an aoudad he shot on his property (not lease) behind his house and bring in to be mounted, 3 weeks earlier and 7 miles away a high fence had been vandalized and fence tore down. 4 weeks after harvest GW investigates and takes cape and horns. Crazy law but true.....

Comment

I have a good high fence neighbor. When his stuff gets out and we call him, he just says shoot it and I will confirm if it came from my place. He had 5 200+ deer get off about 7 or 8 years ago and after looking for a month he just let it be known if you see 'em, shoot 'em and enjoy the chance at a monster. Only 3 were confirmed killed and he congratulated all 3 hunters. Guessing the other 2 died of natural causes.

Comment

Originally posted by coachwhip View Post
                              This is in fact a new law and GWs will pursue this. Had a customer bring in an aoudad he shot on his property (not lease) behind his house and bring in to be mounted, 3 weeks earlier and 7 miles away a high fence had been vandalized and fence tore down. 4 weeks after harvest GW investigates and takes cape and horns. Crazy law but true.....
                              This would fall under feather legged

Comment

How would you even know who the landowner was if you see an exotic on your place. I’ve got them running around my place outside Columbus and have no idea who’s property they came from.

Comment

Working...
                                X