Coyote hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coyote hunting

Anyone call and bowhunt coyotes from a tree stand? Our place is covered up and well need to get after them after deer season. Seems like it could be fun calling them in from a treestand.

It would be a lot of fun, challenging and all that. What wouldn't be is very productive. What do you want to accomplish ?, fewer coyotes or fun and adventure?

Comment

I’ve mouth called coyotes that I’ve seen in the distance to within bow range while bowhunting on several occasions. Seems like if you make some sort of distress noise with your mouth it peaks their interest and they will come in if nearby. Unfortunately I have yet to capitalize on this shot. Missed a couple coyotes with my bow doing this. In my case they ve always been on the move and seems like I never have much time to get a shot off...pretty cool to see them come in within 30 yds and respond to me just making sounds with my mouth though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You could do it with dumb coyotes that never heard a call before. But, it would be easy to educate them and they’d became very weary.

Comment

To stop a coyote, imitate a coyote bark. Stops them 80/90% of the time, even after a gun shot unless it’s really close. I’d be ready to release though cause sometimes they just pause a couple seconds. You can also do the kissing sound to stop them.

Trapping is your best option to thin ‘em out.

Comment

I hunt them from a stand all the time with a rifle. I use a Foxpro and place it about 100 yards away. Works like a charm. Should work just as well bowhunting if you move the caller in close enough for a shot.

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys. To answer tex4k looking to both thin them out and have some fun doing it

Comment

Kill em all!

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyBottomAg View Post
                  I’ve mouth called coyotes that I’ve seen in the distance to within bow range while bowhunting on several occasions. Seems like if you make some sort of distress noise with your mouth it peaks their interest and they will come in if nearby. Unfortunately I have yet to capitalize on this shot. Missed a couple coyotes with my bow doing this. In my case they ve always been on the move and seems like I never have much time to get a shot off...pretty cool to see them come in within 30 yds and respond to me just making sounds with my mouth though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what i do if i see one, they will come check it out. Be ready!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                  X