Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feeder was stolen, Poachers, but Good Karma!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder was stolen, Poachers, but Good Karma!

Had an interesting hunt Saturday, thought I would share with you guys.

Due to football season and the rain/mud, I have not been able to get out to the place I hunt in about a month. Loaded up a bunch of corn Saturday to go out, fill the feeder, and get a hunt in.

When we arrived we drive into my spot, and my feeder is GONE! Unfortunately did not have a camera anymore out there because the storms ruined it. No idea how long it has been gone.

So we then decided to just try and do some walking around and hunt, also curious to see if signs of people anywhere else on the property. It is a very densely wooded property with some corn fields on the creek outside of Prairie Hill. No other suspicious signs. Decide to go get set up for calling coyotes about dark.

After dark we noticed a light in the creek. After a while noticed it was not moving. So we decided to go check it out. Way down in the creek somebody had hung a 5 gallon bucket feeder with a solar light above it. Nobody has access to this place but me. So we tore it down and took it.

Then once we got back out of the woods we saw a green light put on our truck from the road, then a truck slow rolling up. We did not know what to expect so we get back by the truck in the dark armed and curious. Older lady gets out of the truck, (huge relief, gooch was definitely tingling leading up tp that.) She introduced herself, she owns the large property behind the property I hunt. We got to talking, I told her about my feeder missing and the other set up we found. She said her feeder had just been vandalized as well, and she has been having major issues with trespassers and people running dogs across her place. Exchanged numbers and told her I would let her know anytime I was coming out, and she will let me know anytime she sees somebody on my place.

Right before she left I remembered I had all that corn and no feeder, so I offered it to her, and loaded it in her truck. Then she gave me permission to hunt all of her property as well for ducks and deer! Adding about 350 more acres to what I can access.

Just figured I had to share with y'all. I generally have no luck but bad luck, but for once I got a little bit of good karma kicked back and it turned a pretty crappy day into a good one!

Here are the pictures of where my feeder was, and the setup in the woods we found.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry about the feeder, but congrats on the new hunting ground!

Comment

I'll trade a feeder for permission to hunt 350 acres any day of the week and twice on Sunday!

Comment

That is great...

Comment

Nice! Being nice can go along way.

I had a similar story. Neighbors cows kept getting on our place and had cleared one protein feeder and tipped over and broke a corn feeder. Needless to say, we weren't happy but when we finally got to meet the neighbor, who lived a couple hours away, we were nice about it and just brought it to his attention. He was remorseful and was willing to repay for feed and broken feeder but we insisted it wasn't necessary and life goes on, it's just one of those things. We exchanged numbers and went our separate ways. A week later he called needing help to check the float that had frozen on his cow trough and we happened to be there. We drove next door and checked it saving him a 4hr roundtrip in bad conditions. After that he gave us full access to hunt his property and use of the blinds/feeders he had in place. He very rarely hunted so we filled the feeders and obtained another section of land to hunt in the Panhandle, that was all cover. It was great. Had we handled that situation differently, I'm certain the outcome wouldn't have been the same.

Comment

That bucket feeder set up lol it doesn't get much more ghetto than that

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                I'll trade a feeder for permission to hunt 350 acres any day of the week and twice on Sunday!
                Yup!

Comment

i thought 12/2 romex was for bears? way too heavy for whitetail and hogs....

Comment

Originally posted by DFA View Post
                    That bucket feeder set up lol it doesn't get much more ghetto than that
                    Agree

Comment

"So we tore it down and took it".
                      As much as I hated to find trespasser's crap I always felt better after taking it!

All of you have also found something better than a new place to hunt New friends

Comment

I'm gonna miss that old bucket

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          I’ve got a new feeder I can let you borrow.

All about karma OP. Good for you.

Comment

Glad some good came from it.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X