Shot my new 6.5 CM yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot my new 6.5 CM yesterday.

Finally had a chance to take my (new to me) Ruger American to the gun range yeasteday. It’s got a break on it. I was shooting thru a 10-12’ long railroad tie tunnel (this is for range protection). Man, call me a wuss, but that thing rattles my pea brain in my head! I’ve been shooting rimfire mostly for the last few years, so it’s a big jump to go back to center fires. The kick Doesn’t bother me, just the blast. Man I gotta get a can for this thing!
    Oh yeah,it shoots pretty good. But the trigger assembly is kinda loose where it attaches to the bottom of the action. If I press down on the safety, the whole trigger wpwill rock about a 1/16” of an inch. Don’t think it supposed to do that but didn’t have time to take it apart to see what’s up with that.
    I did shoot my buddy’s new gun just like it though. I trigger does not rock like mine, and I shot his a little better. Probably 3/4”@100.

Brake in a tunnel?! No wonder your head is rattling. Those gasses gotta go somewhere. Sounds like they went back in your face hahahah. Get outdoors ASAP.

Comment

my son shot a doe last year with a .243, it was a cold day and i had the rifle pulled inside and the windows closed. when the deer came out i opened the windows but forgot to push the barrel out of the window........i was to his right on the binos looking out the next window at the does.........yeah....i felt real smart when he shot. he killed her but we couldnt celebrate until our ears stopped ringing!

Comment

Originally posted by chris1911 View Post
        my son shot a doe last year with a .243, it was a cold day and i had the rifle pulled inside and the windows closed. when the deer came out i opened the windows but forgot to push the barrel out of the window........i was to his right on the binos looking out the next window at the does.........yeah....i felt real smart when he shot. he killed her but we couldnt celebrate until our ears stopped ringing!
        I think must of us have made that mistake in some form.

I was taking a shot on a coyote and was using the chair seat for a rest(I have no clue why) and did not think about the muzzle not being out the window. I am sure I looked like one of the old cartoons with my eyes rolling in opposite directions.

Comment

Yes barrel MUST be well outside . and the 6.5 does have a very sharp bark to it .

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
            Yes barrel MUST be well outside . and the 6.5 does have a very sharp bark to it .
            Ya! Immediately after each shot, all I saw was a cloud of dust from the blast. I had a crappy wobbly rest too. Im sure on an open area, solid rest I’ll be able to shoot it better. The loose trigger thing is not bothering me though. On my way out of town for the weekend, but will break it down when I get back and see what’s up with it.

Comment

Shoot that sucker in the open!!

Comment

I feel your pain. I shot my ported .300 Win Mag from a box blind without ear protection once. Just once. I won't EVER do that again! My ear rang for hours.

Comment

Working...
                X