Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I committing dress code or code of ethics violations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I committing dress code or code of ethics violations?

You see guys with Wranglers and Cinch jeans that are heavily starched and have the cowboy press. Aka as creased or ironed. I wear western wear everyday, but I don’t starch or iron my jeans.

Is this a dress code violation or is it something worse such as a code of ethics violation that I’m committing. A long time ago I did used to spray my jeans down with starch and hand iron them so they’d have the creases. I couldn’t afford to take them to the dry cleaners to be pressed and creased.

I'm the last to ask about fashion and I'm not a real cowboy but I'll give my opinion. I don't starch my everyday jeans or shirts. I do keep a couple pairs of jeans and shirts heavy starched though for special occasions or if I'm going out and want to dress up. Any other way and I'd think you're just trying to play the part.

Comment

Car salesmen starch their jeans.

Comment

Dress code violation for what? Dressing like a cowboy? I'd say if John Wayne or Clint Eastwood never did it then yes. But then again you're not John Wayne or Clint Eastwood so dress how you want and don't worry about it. Especially if you don't ride a horse regularly and do cowboy stuff. If you're not a cowboy you don't really have to dress like one. Besides that if another man is worried about how you're dressed you should be worried about him.
        Last edited by okrattler; 11-10-2018, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Real Cowboys don't starch thier jeans!

Comment

Originally posted by walker View Post
            car salesmen starch their jeans.
            lol....

Comment

Ha ha, are you kidding?

Comment

Do you wear makeup or panties? Have you ever worn a dress? If you the answer is yes to any of these questions you should go startch them immediately.

Comment

What is starch? Never heard of her...

Comment

Originally posted by gb22250 View Post
                    I'm the last to ask about fashion and I'm not a real cowboy but I'll give my opinion. I don't starch my everyday jeans or shirts. I do keep a couple pairs of jeans and shirts heavy starched though for special occasions or if I'm going out and want to dress up. Any other way and I'd think you're just trying to play the part.
                    Pretty much my thoughts as well I have a pair of nice jeans that I keep starteched but it’s only for special occasions where I need to dress up but I can get away with wearing jeans.

Comment

Cowboys don’t talk about fashion on an Internet forum. Then again, Brokeback Mountain changed everything.

Comment

Starch is some thing in potatos, ain't it ? I would never starch my jeans. Hell I don't wear anything that needs starched.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          Car salesmen starch their jeans.
                          Haaaaaa! Well done! My son just scolded me for laughing in the blind.

Comment

I say it’s crazy to try and starch jeans and make them look like a fashion plate item.

Jeans are for relaxing. I wash and wear mine, but I’m in Florida.

For work I do wear dress shirts and pants and the occasional suit. I have the shirts done weekly, $1.99 a shirt. Pants and suits I do every so often.

I just try to look professional not a fashion plate.

But to each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you starch your jeans, reach in your purse, pull out the man card, and throw it in the trash now. Then you can finish drinking your Zima

Comment

Working...
                              X