Christmas Lights Install Price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Playa View Post
    There is no way in hell I’d set foot on a roof and untangle lights for that $.
    Yeah, but the un-insured, un-bonded "Pedro in a Pickup" will use a rickety ladder to access your 2nd story, then fall off the roof and break his back for that amount of $. That evening or the next day, you will get a call from the hospital he was taken to by ambulance asking for your Homeowners Insurance info and after that money runs out, Pedro will sue you for pain and suffering.....all because you wanted to save $1,000.

Comment

Mine are getting put up Wednesday for $150. He cut them last year to fit and I stored them. C9 bulbs 3300sq ft house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
        Mine are getting put up Wednesday for $150. He cut them last year to fit and I stored them. C9 bulbs 3300sq ft house

Contact info?

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post

That's what I'm talking about!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
            Flower Mound 2 story eves, roofline, windows and fence.
            $400 plus lights install and uninstall.

so for that they supply the lights ?? or you own them .. I have to say we have a large flat single story and crazy but seems every light I buy works fine that year I take my time putting them away and it never fails one string is broken or something goes wrong ..

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
              Yeah, but the un-insured, un-bonded "Pedro in a Pickup" will use a rickety ladder to access your 2nd story, then fall off the roof and break his back for that amount of $. That evening or the next day, you will get a call from the hospital he was taken to by ambulance asking for your Homeowners Insurance info and after that money runs out, Pedro will sue you for pain and suffering.....all because you wanted to save $1,000.
              This is kind of how it works but not entirely. My insurance has a $5000 no fault medical bill coverage. If that is not enough, he can sue me. In which case, he will need to prove that I am liable for his injuries through my own negligence. Like failing to warn him of an unreasonably dangerous condition on my roof. My house is less than 5 years old with a year old roof so I am pretty sure there are no unreasonably dangerous conditions up there. However, if there are and if he falls and if his attorney sues, thinking that I am somehow negligent, my insurance company will subrogate the claim and pay any damages up to $500,000. And here is a secret your insurance company does not want you to know. Once the insurance money is gone, personal injury attorneys are done with he case. So I am not as worried about this as you are.

But if I wanted more protection, I will have the contractor sign a release of liability.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                Maybe the guy carries insurance? I'll be ****ed if I let somebody working around/on my roof without insurance. Being cheap can cost you.
                This^^^^^^

Comment

people are making a killing on these folks who have money and are too lazy to hang their own lights

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                    people are making a killing on these folks who have money and are too lazy to hang their own lights
                    At $1400 I agree with you 100%. But for a few hundred dollars that some are paying, it is worth it to me. My schedule is already busy and I can use that half day spending quality time with my family.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      I worked in the industry for almost 10 yrs. for LED the average was $4-$5 per linear foot, potentially more for a 2nd story, depending on the grade of difficulty. Our national average was just a tad under $1,400 for residential install, but that generally included a tree, some shrubs, and greenery, not just roof
                      What I asked last night...nevermind...I'll make Sweet Pea get up there and do it!!

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                        PM Swampa, I think he has a guy in Tomball

Can you please send me info??

Comment

Working...
                        X