X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Saturday)

Daily Bible Portion - 7 of 7
    "REWARD"

(Weekly Reading>>Deuteronomy 7:12-11:25, Isaiah 49:14-51:3, Hebrews 12:1-29, Luke 4:1-13)

In Acts 2:1-47 the believers who had gathered from the Nations for the Feast of Shavuot/Pentecost they suddenly experienced a mighty rushing wind sound. Even though they were from many different countries and all spoke in different tongues they began to hear everyone speak in the language they were born with – Hebrew. What did it mean? Peter answered, saying, “This is what was spoken [of] through the prophet Joel” (Acts 2:16-21; Joel 2:28-32).

Joel 2:28-32 “And it shall come to pass afterward that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your old men shall dream dreams, Your young men shall see visions. And also on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days. And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth: blood and fire and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the coming of the great and awesome day of Yahweh. And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of Yahweh shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance, as Yahweh has said, among the remnant whom Yahweh calls.”

Isaiah 49:16 “See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands” (Isaiah 50:6,10; Isaiah 53:5; Matthew 27:26,30; Mark 14:65).

The word inscribe is Strong’s #H2710, meaning: to cut in, inscribe, decree, lawgiver, marked out, portrayed, ruler’s staff, and scepter.

John 20:25, 27 “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe. Then He said to Thomas, ‘Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.’”

Yeshua is the spoken Word at Mount Sinai. He said, “If you love Me, keep My commandments [My gospel]” (John 14:15).

In John 5:46 Yeshua said, “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me.”

Witnesses
    (Isaiah 49:14 to 51:3)

These verses in Isaiah reveal Yeshua/Jesus as the Messiah. Isaiah sets up Israel to bear witness, and to display the splendor of Yahweh. Isaiah 49:1-8 is clearly speaking about the Restorer who is going to unite the twelve tribes of Jacob.

Isaiah 49:5-6 says, “And now Yahweh says, Who formed Me from the womb to be His Servant, to bring Jacob/Israel [the twelve tribes of Jacob/Israel] back to Him, and that Israel [Jacob] is gathered to Him. (For I shall be glorious in the eyes of Yahweh, And My God shall be My strength), indeed He says, ‘It is too small a thing that You should be My Servant to raise up the [twelve] tribes of Jacob and to restore the preserved ones of Israel; I will also give You a light of Gentiles [the gospel of Yeshua/Jesus], that You should be My salvation to the ends of the earth.’”

The “Light of the Nations” reveals the Redeemer of Isaiah 49:7 as being despised, yet the Light for kings and princes. Cross-referencing this verse with Psalm 22, and then John 15:24-25 where Messiah Yeshua is hated without cause, we see several revelations of Yeshua, the Servant of Yahweh, as THE Redeemer and Restorer of Israel.

Isaiah 49 continues with the Restoration of ALL Israel. Isaiah chapter 50 speaks of Israel’s sin and the Servant’s obedience. Isaiah 50:6 says, “I gave My back to those who struck Me, And My cheeks to those who plucked out the beard; I did not hide My face from shame and spitting.”

Reviewing Isaiah 53:5, we see Yeshua as the hand of Yahweh who was obedient to the Gospel even unto death.

Isaiah 53:5 “But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed” (Matthew 27:27-31, Mark 14:65 and Matthew 26:67).

The Gospel of Yeshua witnessed from the beginning of time forms the only basis for the re-gathering of all Israel. When the Children of Israel are restored back to the Gospel, they will remember the pierced hands of the Holy One who died to bring us back into His Sheepfold.

Mark 16:15-20 “And He [Yeshua] said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name[authority] they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.’ So then, after Yeshua had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God. And they [His disciples] went out and preached [the gospel] everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen.”

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X