X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Thursday)

Daily Bible Portion - 5 of 7
    "WORDS"

(Weekly Reading>>Deuteronomy 1:1-3:22, Isaiah 1:1-27, John 15:1-11, Hebrews 3:7-4:11)

Hebrews 3:7 to 4:11

“So, as the Spirit of Yahweh says: ‘Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion, during the time of testing in the desert, where your fathers tested and tried me and for forty years saw what I did. That is why I was angry with that generation, and I said, ‘Their hearts are always going astray, and they have not known my ways.’ So I declared on oath in my anger, ‘They shall never enter my rest’ (Psalm 95:7-11).

“Who were they who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those Moses led out of Egypt? And with whom was he angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned[which is breaking the Law], whose bodies fell in the desert? And to whom did Yahweh swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed? So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief [in the Gospel].

“Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it. For we also have had the Gospel [The words given Moses at Mount Sinai] preached to us, just as they [the Children of Israel] did [at Mount Sinai]; but the message [the Gospel] they heard was of no value to them, because those [at Mount Sinai] who heard did not combine it with faith [obey the word they heard]. Now we who have believed [who put into practice what we heard] enter that rest, just as Yahweh has said, so I declared on oath in my anger, ‘They shall never enter my rest’ (Psalm 95:11)."

“And yet his work has been finished since the creation of the world. For somewhere he has spoken about the seventh day in these words: ‘And on the seventh day God rested from all his work.’ (Genesis 2:2). And again in the passage above he says, ‘They shall never enter my rest’ (Psalm 95:11).

“It still remains that some will enter that rest [because they obeyed the message/Gospel], and those who formerly had the Gospel [the words given Moses at Mount Sinai] preached to them did not go in, because of their disobedience [to act on His Word]. Therefore God again set a certain day, calling it Today, when a long time later he spoke through David, as was said before: Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts (Psalm 95:7,8).

“For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day. There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his. Let ‘US’, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest [by obeying His Chukim - His lasting impressions, marks, signs and wonders, His Mishpatim - His loving kindness, and His Mitzvot - His loving principles, teaching and instruction to guide and direct you through the Wilderness and enabled you to enter in and posses the land He has given you], so that no one will fall by following their [Israel’s] example of disobedience.”

This message from Moses was given in prophetic language and empowered by the Holy Spirit for us today. The words Yeshua/Jesus passed on have been hotly contested all through history, or His-story, because it is ultimately about Yeshua/Jesus the Messiah. Yeshua said,

“For if you believed[obeyed] Moses, you would believe[obey] Me [Yeshua]; for he [Moses] wrote about Me. But if you do not believe[obey] his [Moses] writings, how will you believe[obey] My [Yeshua’s] words [chukim, mishpatim and mitzvoth]?” (John 5:46-47).

Studying the Scriptures has shown what happened to those who refuted Moses and rejected Yahweh’s words. Why is this? When the people rejected Moses, they rejected Yahweh and His plan for His children and the Nations (Exodus 19:5-6). When they took matters into their own hands, out came a golden calf, other forms of worship, plagues and wars. When they listened to Yahweh and obeyed what He said as directed through Moses immeasurable blessings of health, wealth, provisions and prosperity uplifted the Children of Israel and led them to the land and ultimately back to the Garden – eternal life (3 John 2).

Why is there a dark cloud over what Yahweh taught through Moses? Generations through the ages and into this day have had many people reject Yahweh’s teaching and instruction. The attack on Moses has been consistent throughout the eras. Many believers today still slander Moses and mock Yahweh’s instructions. The Word spoken by Yahweh through Moses has not been upheld in many places nor taught by those who call themselves “Ministers of the Gospel.” Why is this?

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X