2 types of land…..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 types of land…..

2 types of land in Texas…. Tracts that have pigs and tracts that are gonna have pigs. Been hunting the same place in Schleicher County for 27 years and July 16th the pigs finally made an appearance. Sow and 6 watermelons showed up on camera and came 4 nights in a row. Been seeing more and more dead pigs on the side of the road west of Menard the last few years so we knew they were slowly moving our way…. No bueno..

In brownwood owners faimly has had his land since the 50's and has never seen a pig. This past year the rancher that runs cattle there, told the owner that we have a pig problem.

Comment

we are in NW corner of Schleicher co and saw our first pig ever last year, in 22 years.there is 0 surface water on 40,000 ac ranch, suprise they even pass through.

Comment

First pig I saw on my place in Mills county was in 2015. Now see them 2 to 3 times a week. Hate them!

Comment

Originally posted by chillymac View Post
          we are in NW corner of Schleicher co and saw our first pig ever last year, in 22 years.there is 0 surface water on 40,000 ac ranch, suprise they even pass through.
          We have one of the few tanks anywhere around….which is great for everything else besides freakin pigs. I see pigs and/or their destruction 4-5 days a weeks here at home and the last thing I want to see out at the ranch is freakin pigs.

Comment

Get used to it….if you ain’t got em……your gonna get em eventually

Comment

Kill em all without prejudice.

Comment

But….but….it’s something else to hunt !

Comment

First appeared on our place in 1990
                  Needless to say they are still there

Comment

Hog fence. We had me terrible on our place and hog fenced it and I haven’t seen a one of them. They were so bad you couldn’t drive through the pasture. Looked like a minefield!

Comment

If they don't bother you then you don't own a ranch!

At least that's what I've been told.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                        But….but….it’s something else to hunt !
                        Yes they are [emoji56][emoji846]

Comment

If everyone fenced out their deer feeders to keep them from access to feed, I have heard it would really help the situation.

Not saying it will fix, but it would really help.

I know of clubs in E Texas that are now mandating feed pens with good success.

Comment

We don't have pigs out here in West Texas, but we have Javalina, which is worse because you can't even eat those stinking things.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                              Yes they are [emoji56][emoji846]
                              Uh Kyle, that was tongue in cheek.

Comment

Working...
                              X