X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Sunday)

Daily Bible Portion – 1 of 7
    "TRIBES"

(Weekly Reading>>Numbers 30:1-32:42, Jeremiah 1:1-2:3, Matthew 5:33-37, James 4:1-5:20)

Vows and Oaths

The first reading in today's study, Numbers 30, is entirely devoted to the subject of vows and oaths.

When we came to belief in Jesus the Messiah as Lord and Savior, it was by way of a vow and an oath. After repenting for our waywardness, we said, “Come, rule and reign in my life.” And by this we are scion (spliced, attached, joined, fixed, embedded, implanted, inserted) into Jesus and His Kingdom life, including His governing Covenants and Principles here on earth (Exodus 24:3).

Jesus said we are to love one another. He then went on to describe that loving your neighbor translates as walking in His holy commandments.

“A new command I give you: love one another. On that day [that you give your life to Me], you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him. If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in His love. This is my command: love each other” (John 13:3; 14:17, 20; 15:10, 17).

1 John 2:9-11 “He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.”

What Are Christ’s Commandments?

When Yahweh[the Lord] spoke at Mount Sinai it was through His mouthpiece Jesus the Messiah the Incarnate Living Torah. Jesus is the voice/mouth/words of Yahweh[the Lord]. The principles spoken at Mount Sinai are Christ’s commandments called the gospel (John 5:46-47).

James 4:12 There is one Lawgiver[Jesus/Yeshua], who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you to judge another?

Note: Jesus is the law giver and judge [G2920] which in Greek means "Separate". His word is sharper than a double edged sword (Heb 4:12). He came not to unit but "divide"(Luk12:51) He (the word) is the Light of the world that separates light from darkness (Gen 1:4, John 8:12). This comes from the covenant of pieces when Abraham saw judgment day(Gen 15:12-17)

By His Word (Jesus), God created the universe and everything in it. The physical presence of God’s Word is Jesus (John 1:1, 14, Col 1:15-17). To love our neighbor is to love Jesus by walking and teaching in His loving holy instruction/Torah, thus keep His commandments. When we act on His word Jesus fulfills His promises to us. Jesus is in the Father and the Father is in Him, and Jesus is in us - hence the force that created the universe now lives in us. Therefore, when we speak what the Scripture calls vows/oaths it is with the power to bless or the power to curse. His Word conceived in our spirit and spoken from our mouth then becomes a creative force (Isaiah 66:1; Proverbs 23:7; John 15:7).

We are what we speak, what we say will come toward us, and we reap what we sow from our own thoughts and speech. If we sow healthy seed, we will reap blessings and a good harvest. If we have poor thoughts and speech, we will invite poverty to come into some area of our lives (physical, spiritual, emotional and/or financial). By our thoughts and talk we join our souls to either a blessed life or cursed. We are accountable to Yahweh for the words we say. He is as faithful to the curses as He is to the blessings.

Matthew 15:19-20 “For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. These are the things which defile a man, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile a man.”

If something has happened in our lives to cause us trauma or pain (physical, spiritual, or emotional), this does not have any right to negatively shape our futures unless we allow it to. We can change our status by choosing forgiveness and repentance in turning from painful experiences that have happened in our lives and move on. We make choices hourly and daily for which realm we walk in - blessings or curses - the choice in our hands.

James 1:20-22 “For the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God. Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls. But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.”

Mark 7:21-23 “For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within and defile a man.”

John 14:23-24 Yeshua[Jesus] answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.”

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X