Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullwhip

Have a favorite brand and length?

I want to bring one up to the farm later this month for my uncle. Beer drinking and whip cracking is on the agenda. Along with bow fishing for gar.

Get some safety glasses.

Comment

The best whips I have ever used were made by Hugh Murray in Georgia. He has gotten too old to make them anymore but he recommended Florida Cracker Whips. In the past I have found them online but a quick search just now did not show them. I found them on facebook but it was just an empty page with a contact me. Good luck. Hope you find a good one.

-john

Comment

A quick second look showed me where I messed up. Here is their website.

High quality custom handcrafted whips in kangaroo, Cow hide and Nylon for over 20 years.

-john

Comment

Bought a nice handmade one many years ago at Cheyenne Frontier Days, some leather outfit had a booth.
          Gave it to our son and had to take it away for the whip cracking without eye protection and trying to show off to his friends factor. They can be dangerous. I bet he doesn't even remember we have it now.

You might be surprised how much a good whip will cost, well a custom, hand made one anyway.
          Order a fully customized whip from MidWestWhips. Braided initials, custom colors, and custom patterns.

Christian Psencik- Texas Whips maybe

Comment

Good start amigos. First search last night I fell into some brand that started at $1500. My hope is to hit around $200.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
              Good start amigos. First search last night I fell into some brand that started at $1500. My hope is to hit around $200.
              I see kangaroo hide whips on EBay for $200

Comment

Do you have a Texas prison contact?

Palo Duro whips are about twice your price point.

Lots of cheap ones online too.

Comment

My sister brought me one back from Mexico when I was a kid. I wore that sucker out but I got pretty dang good with it ! Now that I’m a big boy been thinking about buying another.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                    Do you have a Texas prison contact?

Palo Duro whips are about twice your price point.

Lots of cheap ones online too.
                    I don’t have a contact per their listing. How’d you like to be a convict making the Prisoner Transfer Belt.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                      Get some safety glasses.
                      Solid advice right here!

Comment

Sounds like a Bull of a good time for a whipper-snapper.

Comment

Last night at dinner we seen a homeless guy with a bullwhip on the beach in Kauai, Hawaii. I told my wife there probably is only one bullwhip on the whole island.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                            I don’t have a contact per their listing. How’d you like to be a convict making the Prisoner Transfer Belt.
                            I know I'd make a helluva weak one.

Comment

loved playing with one when i was younger! boy i could make those suckers sing!!

Comment

Working...
                              X