Freezer alarm recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freezer alarm recommendations

Have two upright freezers in my garage. I need something that will not only make an alarm go off at home but that will also send me a notification on my phone if I am away if they lose power or go out on their own. I have Wi-Fi but not sure how strong it is in my garage. Think it is fine but not sure how strong it would be inside the freezers. Anybody have a similar situation and have an alarm they would recommend?

following

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
      Have two upright freezers in my garage. I need something that will not only make an alarm go off at home but that will also send me a notification on my phone if I am away if they lose power or go out on their own. I have Wi-Fi but not sure how strong it is in my garage. Think it is fine but not sure how strong it would be inside the freezers. Anybody have a similar situation and have an alarm they would recommend?
      Use the "Temp stick" and happy with it. I have attached garage so wifi is good.

Comment

YoLink Hub - Central Controller Only for YoLink Devices, 1/4 Mile World's Longest Range Smart Hub LoRa Enabled Smart Home Automation Hub Smart Home Security Monitoring Gateway https://a.co/d/4HS5M2v

YoLink Weatherproof Temperature Sensor w/Probe, Fluid, Air, Surface Temperature Sensor, YoLink Hub Required https://a.co/d/epNpeEx

Smart Siren Alarm, Loud 110 dB Sounder, Wireless Alarm for Home Security/Intrusion/Burglar Alarm, Panic Alarm, Audible Alerts, Remote Control, Works with Alexa, Google Assistant, IFTTT - Hub Required https://a.co/d/aTYSrsR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by lostbrd View Post
          Use the "Temp stick" and happy with it. I have attached garage so wifi is good.
          The reviews are great... but holy moly they are expensive!! Were you able to find any cheaper than $150?

Comment

Originally posted by willwork04 View Post
            The reviews are great... but holy moly they are expensive!! Were you able to find any cheaper than $150?
            I went through the same thing you are right now. I asked myself how much it would cost to replace all the meat in my freezer, and decided $150 is the much cheaper option.

Comment

Got the YOLO last week. So far so good.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by willwork04 View Post
                I've had it a couple years. I think it was around $129. I was the victim of a freezer "melt doown" and lost 65 to 75lbs of venison and misc. frozen food. Made the decision a bit easier to stomach.

Comment

I would suggest NOT purchasing this alarm. The sensors keep freezing up on me and it’s not strong enough to send a signal through my garage wall into the living room where the base station is.
                  Attached Files

Comment

If your freezer is in a garage on concrete floor it needs to gfci braker or device protected anyway. This can be an added layer of protection for saving your food.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Mission408; 06-17-2022, 10:12 AM.

Comment

I got the yolink system from Amazon.

So far, its what I expected.

Actually saved me already.

Comment

Originally posted by Mission408 View Post
                        https://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-...A2-W/301387046

If your freezer is in a garage on concrete floor it needs to gfci braker or device protected anyway. This can be an added layer of protection for saving your food.

Not arguing that but the gcfi is what screwed me last year. Thing tripped because of an outside receptacle on the circuit. We had just processed a steer, plus lots of deer and catfish. This may be the most valuable thread I've seen after that heartache

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good point, but if this tripped at least an alarm would sound

Comment

Originally posted by Mission408 View Post
                            https://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-...A2-W/301387046

I would never put my freezer on a GFCI outlet.

It’s never made sense to me why they changed that in the code. Typical GFCI is for personnel protection when operating tools and such. I may be ok with one of the equipment protection device type breakers that trip at 30mA rather than .250 mA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I also recommend the Yolink system. I have had it a while and it works well. Saved me once already.

Comment

Working...
                              X