I can smell it...Opener getting closer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can smell it...Opener getting closer.

love this time of year! Got all my bowhunting clothes washed ready to go cook in a tree stand soon. To be honest ill spend most of the time shooting pigs like always and only having **** bucks climb the tree with me while the big seem to stay just out of range. Those who hunt along the palo pinto -stephens county line know what I mean.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Shooting every single day further and further

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Weather later this week gives me reason to fill the feeders.....lol!!![emoji106][emoji457][emoji1018][emoji91][emoji817][emoji1787][emoji854]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

TPW sent me the an email to approve my Doe permits. It is getting close

Comment

I sure hope it gets cooler. If not I'll probably bow hunt closer to rifle opener.

Comment

Originally posted by DWA View Post
            love this time of year! Got all my bowhunting clothes washed ready to go cook in a tree stand soon. To be honest ill spend most of the time shooting pigs like always and only having **** bucks climb the tree with me while the big seem to stay just out of range. Those who hunt along the palo pinto -stephens county line know what I mean.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hell these days I'd rather shoot a pig. There is no "what is his age?", "what does he score?", "who is going to get their panties in a wad if I shoot "their deer"? asked....just "See a pig shoot a pig". More action and more opportunities makes for a better times these days.

That being said, I'm ready to fling some arrows in cooler weather myself.

Comment

Be careful what you wish for. I personally hope it stays hot as hell (not happening with the front this week). When that cool weather arrives, my mature deer always seem to perform their disappearing act! Hot weather will keep him in his summer pattern for opening morning.

Comment

I will be shooting pigs for the most part on opening weekend. It's like the border bridge under my feeder.
                Last edited by BayouCat; 09-20-2021, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Well , it doesn’t look like we’ll be closing on the new property until all agreed upon amenities are installed. Fingers crossed for late December. I know all you gentlemen will score. With a deer I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Hell these days I'd rather shoot a pig. There is no "what is his age?", "what does he score?", "who is going to get their panties in a wad if I shoot "their deer"? asked....just "See a pig shoot a pig". More action and more opportunities makes for a better times these days.

That being said, I'm ready to fling some arrows in cooler weather myself.
                    Winder lickers have ruined it for everyone……

Comment

Found 4 potential shooters on the last round of pics, so Snoop and myself are pretty fired up all of a sudden. He’s began to 2nd guess his fall baseball decisions when I told him I’m going hunting next weekend while he’s at the ball yard, and that I’m gonna kill that 12 point if I see him! His momma and him both looked at me crosswise…I said “y’all wanted to play fall ball, I told you I was goin huntin!”[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Found 4 potential shooters on the last round of pics, so Snoop and myself are pretty fired up all of a sudden. He’s began to 2nd guess his fall baseball decisions when I told him I’m going hunting next weekend while he’s at the ball yard, and that I’m gonna kill that 12 point if I see him! His momma and him both looked at me crosswise…I said “y’all wanted to play fall ball, I told you I was goin huntin!”[emoji23][emoji23]

Real life!!![emoji91][emoji91][emoji91] I gave up high school football as I preferred hunting!!! Everyone thought I was crazy......including family.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

My couch is available Dale. Good luck.

I got the feeder working today, checked out the chainsaw (found a big oak down on the road in yesterday) and fired up the four wheeler. Come on next Saturday.

Comment

At least you warned them, Dale. Good luck.

Comment

Enjoy the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X