GC or roofer needed in Lake Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m looking for some recommendations on a general contractor or roofing company. I’m not 100% sure which I need. I have a patio that is on the house we bought and I don’t believe it was built with enough of a slope and ultimately has led to water rolling back into the eves and house.
    I’m in Lake Jackson so if any TBHs do this kind of stuff in the area or anyone has someone they’d recommend please post or pm there info.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chuy on here
    I’ll tell him to check this out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Depending on how the patio roof meets up to the existing roof, you may not need to rebuild anything. If it’s flush (house to patio) it would be an easy fix. Pull 4 rows of shingles on house and patio, lay ice and water barrier, and re shingle. Otherwise some flashing would probably solve your issues as well. Seems to be the fix on any of them I’ve dealt with.

Comment

Comment

Personally, I’d re-place all the flashing. That roof is really flat for the amount of water that drains off the roof.

Comment

Make sure this areas is properly flashed as well otherwise you’ll deal with rotten siding in the near future. I don’t have a crew that would travel that far or I’d offer to help.

Comment

I would be reluctant to flash/seal up what DD has circled in yellow without looking into existing water damage that might exist in the walls below.

Once you seal it up that water damage will turn to mold in no time.

If its sealed correctly and just looks bad that would be a nice find.

If its bad your Home Inspector used during your home purchase has some explaining to do.

Comment

I’m down the road from you, and we just used S&E roofing out of Sweeny. They did a great job, and about to do a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                  I would be reluctant to flash/seal up what DD has circled in yellow without looking into existing water damage that might exist in the walls below.

Once you seal it up that water damage will turn to mold in no time.

If its sealed correctly and just looks bad that would be a nice find.

If its bad your Home Inspector used during your home purchase has some explaining to do.

He’s right. I left that out. Make sure you check for any rot/water damage or areas of water penetration prior to sealing it up.

Comment

Diaz roofing out of Freeport

Comment

Working...
                    X