Kids hunting age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids hunting age?

What is a good age to take your kids hunting? I have a 3 year old son who always talks about going with me. But I don't think he is ready to sit still and be quite. What age did y'all start taking your kids?

I am in the same shoes. I have a three year old daughter who is begging to go. I might just take her out there so she can have some fun and maybe see me shoot some bunnies.

Comment

Originally posted by Kody The Great View Post
      What is a good age to take your kids hunting? I have a 3 year old son who always talks about going with me. But I don't think he is ready to sit still and be quite. What age did y'all start taking your kids?
      He's ready to go, but probably not ready to sit still. I take my 3 yr old and he has a blast.

Comment

MY son started hunting with me at 3. I stated letting him practice with his 22-250. He killed his first deer at 4 years old at 90 yards.

Comment

I started taking both my Boys at 3,you are not going to kill a Monster ,but the time you spend with your boy will be Better than any Trophy..

Comment

All three of my kids started going when they were 3 years old. My hunting success suffered on many an occasion, but my father/child bond is much better for it. I would to it again in a heartbeat.

Comment

I started just shy of 4yrs old, feb birthday. "killed" my first pig at 3 lol. My dad would always pour corn out like 5ft from our ground box blind and always toted my little .22, well one mornin the pigs cooperated and came out at literally spittin distance, he put the gun out the window and i pulled the trigger.....dropped a sow in her tracks at abt 2ft from the muzzle lol.....been hooked ever since

Comment

TAKE THEM!

my son is 2 and a half. I take him. have taken him dove hunting, and pig hunting.

was going to take him on his first WT hunt the other night but he had a cold. So maybe this weekend or next week since I am off I will be taking him...

Comment

Originally posted by justincorbell View Post
                  I started just shy of 4yrs old, feb birthday. "killed" my first pig at 3 lol. My dad would always pour corn out like 5ft from our ground box blind and always toted my little .22, well one mornin the pigs cooperated and came out at literally spittin distance, he put the gun out the window and i pulled the trigger.....dropped a sow in her tracks at abt 2ft from the muzzle lol.....been hooked ever since
                  That's a great story. I love hearing stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Pence View Post
                    I started taking both my Boys at 3,you are not going to kill a Monster ,but the time you spend with your boy will be Better than any Trophy..
                    THIS!!!!

Comment

Well it's done then he is going tonight in my ground blind I'm exited and he will be so happy. That's all he talks about. He says " I kill deer daddy like you I kill em"

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMaxNCV View Post
                          That's a great story. I love hearing stuff like that.
                          Thank ya, im 24 now and i can still remember it like it was yesterday, i cant even remember how many hogs i killed in the last year but you couldnt force that memory outta my head if you tried

Comment

I started to take my son with me to the blind around 4. He always enjoyed being in camo and looking at all the game. He's now 14 and has taken a deer every year since the age of 6. He has a 152 BC to his credit, 10in bearded turkeys. I encourage him to take a cull or a trophy buck and a doe every year. This year he took his first trophy with a bow. He told me last night he thinks the big bucks should be rutting. WOW!

Comment

Im so exited I can't wait for him to get older so I can teach him all the stuff and let him learn and respect hunting.

Comment

Working...
                              X