No announcement yet.

Tx Harvest App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still get my bills in the mail and write checks to pay them. I don’t even own a computer. I’ll just stick with the old ways. Now if you’ll excuse me, the mule’s finished drinking water so it’s time to finish plowing that last five acres.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
      I am still fairly young and tech savvy and I would never use any logging method that required me to hand my phone to a law enforcement officer. One your phone is in their hand, they are free to read text, look at pics etc. hard pass for me
      It isn't required to hand over your phone, just show it to them. It is also only if you haven't been able to log it into the system due to no service. If it has been logged into the system, you just need to have the number they gave you on the animal. This is almost identical to how Oklahoma operates. It is extremely easy. Duct tape, or pink flaggers tape works well.

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
        It isn't required to hand over your phone, just show it to them. It is also only if you haven't been able to log it into the system due to no service. If it has been logged into the system, you just need to have the number they gave you on the animal. This is almost identical to how Oklahoma operates. It is extremely easy. Duct tape, or pink flaggers tape works well.
        Legalese seems a bit gray….

This was posted in the other thread. I’m also really curious what the terms and conditions are for using the app pertaining to what and how much data they siphon from your phone through the app specifically, location services.

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
        Hmmmm, not so sure about that:

INSPECTION AUTHORITY: A game warden who observes a person engaged in an activity governed by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Code or reasonably believes that a person is or has been engaged in such an activity may inspect:
        any license, permit, tag, or other document issued by the department and required by the Texas Parks and Wildife Code of a person hunting or catching wildlife resources;

any device that may be used to hunt or catch a wildlife resource;
        any wildlife resource in the person's possession; and
        the contents of any container or receptacle that is commonly used to store or conceal a wildlife resource.

If your license is on your phone, this seems to me to give GWs authority to look at your phone. Whether or not they can look at anything else on your phone, or even touch it, while looking at your license is a good question. Maybe a LEO or an attorney can chime in here.
        You guys feel free to beta test it, I have privacy concerns and happy with the paper process
        Last edited by Playa; 08-15-2022, 01:13 PM.

Comment

I am still fairly young and tech savvy and I would never use any logging method that required me to hand my phone to a law enforcement officer. One your phone is in their hand, they are free to read text, look at pics etc. hard pass for me
          they have the right to look in your phone already even if you don't have a digital license.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            they have the right to look in your phone already even if you don't have a digital license.

With out a warrant ?

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
              So duct tape and flagging tape is considered durable paper for tags?
              Our place has zero phone and internet service, I don’t mind using the harvest app and used it last year

TP&W antelope permits used to melt when wet , don’t need a repeat of that

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                So duct tape and flagging tape is considered durable paper for tags?
                Our place has zero phone and internet service, I don’t mind using the harvest app and used it last year

TP&W antelope permits used to melt when wet , don’t need a repeat of that
                The image on their website shows duct tape being used. I have used the pink flagging tape in OK.

Comment

Legalese seems a bit gray….

This was posted in the other thread. I’m also really curious what the terms and conditions are for using the app pertaining to what and how much data they siphon from your phone through the app specifically, location services.

You guys feel free to beta test it, I have privacy concerns and happy with the paper process
                  If they need to inspect a permit/tag, they already have it in their system. There is no physical tag that is issued. No reason you also can't show the GW the screen of your phone while you are controlling it. Also, it is a moot point once the deer has been completely logged in. The TAG is the number they give you, that you write on something and attach to the animal. The APP on your phone is just the format to do so, not the actual permit/tag.

I said this in the other thread, but I'll mention it here also. I am betting that within 5 years (more than likely 2) this is the only option. Many other states have adopted it as their only option already. It is easier to manage and less costly to the state. Not to mention the benefits to the hunters. This is probably the BETA testing, and weaning process for the public.

Comment

Yall are worried about a warden holding your phone for the purposes of checking a license then looking a kill photos on your phone?

I/We collect phones weekly as evidence. I can assure warrants or consents are obtained prior to phone dumps. No-one wants to become case law over a dead deer picture. Hell I got several pictures of dead animals of other people. In state, out of state and out of country.

Possum cop is welcome to look at any of them

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a feeling in the next year or two paper tags will cease to exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Still like having a tag on a critter

Comment

TP&W YouTube tagging video

Comment

Well, there’s a good use for all those plastic badge holders I had from work.

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
                              Just give me my old paper tags !

This. I don’t even have service where I hunt, it’s great.

Comment

I’m all set, let’s see how this goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X