Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else single and emptynester in their 40's or early 50s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve met Mike and hunted with him, and other than being a quiet guy I also thought he was very respectful and a all around good person.

Mike might be a little passive aggressive, but he can’t be anything but what he is.

I’d consider him a friend.

Keep being you Mike, the right one will come along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh and boblee was a legend.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
        I don't know either of you. But attempting to shed negative light on Mike. I don't think that was the best. You probably should have sent that privately.
        Yep. Totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          I’ve met Mike and hunted with him, and other than being a quiet guy I also thought he was very respectful and a all around good person.

Mike might be a little passive aggressive, but he can’t be anything but what he is.

I’d consider him a friend.

Keep being you Mike, the right one will come along.

I appreciate it. Im pretty sure there are at least 10 other guys on here that I have hunted and fished with that would say pretty much the same thing. I hope haha.

I do find it interesting that literally the only time I have had any negative interaction with anyone from this forum, at least in my opinion, it was with the poster a few posts up. I didnt realize he saw it negatively also, but me and the other guys that left the lease did.

I will continue to evaluate myself, keeping in mind I have been on 3 other leases with TBH members and have never had a cross word. In addition to the crappie get togethers, a few seasons duck and dove hunting with multiple members ( including at least one season with Justin ) and offshore fishing with some of those same members.

Heck, ol Pat even took me fishing on his boat! And only griped a little when I didnt bring enough minnows! ( that was my bad ). He did show me up when fishing with jigs. I guess that hurt my feelings a little.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
            I appreciate it. Im pretty sure there are at least 10 other guys on here that I have hunted and fished with that would say pretty much the same thing. I hope haha.

I do find it interesting that literally the only time I have had any negative interaction with anyone from this forum, at least in my opinion, it was with the poster a few posts up. I didnt realize he saw it negatively also, but me and the other guys that left the lease did.

I will continue to evaluate myself, keeping in mind I have been on 3 other leases with TBH members and have never had a cross word. In addition to the crappie get togethers, a few seasons duck and dove hunting with multiple members ( including at least one season with Justin ) and offshore fishing with some of those same members.

Heck, ol Pat even took me fishing on his boat! And only griped a little when I didnt bring enough minnows! ( that was my bad ). He did show me up when fishing with jigs. I guess that hurt my feelings a little.

I thought you were a good guy Mike.
            No negative or hard feelings here.
            Just assumed you were a quiet guy, which better than the guys that like to hear themselves talk

Comment

Nothing wrong with being single. When single you can even leave the lid up and no one will complain

Comment

You know what to do Mike! Come north and buy you a place Happy to hear things are going well

Comment

[emoji1787] Mike, no advice except to get yourself happy. I hope you find purpose in some way whether it is a woman, dog, relationship with kids, relationship with God, fishing, etc. Several of us on here would pick up the phone if you ever need anything. I (hope) you don't sit around feeling sorry for yourself, all these life experiences and scar tissue is simply who we are. Only thing that matters is where do you go from here.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                    Do a search for boblee threads. He has some great ideas!

Close the thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      You only get so many revolutions around the sun. Picture yourself on your death bed and try to come up with a list of regrets you might have. Then go about erasing those regrets and working on a bucket list while you can.

Semper Fi

Great advice!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                        [emoji1787] Mike, no advice except to get yourself happy. I hope you find purpose in some way whether it is a woman, dog, relationship with kids, relationship with God, fishing, etc. Several of us on here would pick up the phone if you ever need anything. I (hope) you don't sit around feeling sorry for yourself, all these life experiences and scar tissue is simply who we are. Only thing that matters is where do you go from here.
                        I finally agree with on something [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't let it bother you man. Just consider the source of the negativity and move on..

Like was said above. Just get yourself happy... If you are happy and can improve your daily life and demeanor, good things will come. Sometimes we as humans, men and women, get caught up in being providers (monetarily and physically) and forget about enjoying life ourselves. Life deals us some blows that makes us sour and we fall into a hole....some folks feel safe in that hole because it is easy and no work to get out of. You stay in the hole and nothing is there to cause any more problems for us....even though we are miserable there. Some on the other hand want to work to get out of that hole (even with the risks) and enjoy life looking for new success and adventures. You just gotta choose......and sounds like you want to climb.
                          Last edited by Smart; 08-13-2022, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Mike you think you're so different from everyone else you are not. We all have a little hitch in our get along

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                              Mike you think you're so different from everyone else you are not. We all have a little hitch in our get along

Exactly.
                              I’m lucky, I have sons and grandkids to enjoy time with.
                              They like to hunt and fish more than I do.
                              I do my best to make people feel comfortable when they are at my properties.
                              When I was leasing I made sure I paid, and done my share of the work.
                              I never got into other hunters business on how or where they wanted to hunt, I would help process their kills ect.
                              But, if anyone had a problem with me I could care less, they weren’t going to hurt my feelings, if theirs were hurt, too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                                You know what to do Mike! Come north and buy you a place Happy to hear things are going well
                                Ha! Thats your answer for everything

Actually havent stopped thinking about it, though I have expanded my search area to Arkansas. Really looking for something with a creek on it, and/or close to a lake.

There is a place in Sequoyah County I like but havent fully decided on whether I want mostly wooded or partially cleared so I can put a few cows on it. Or just get more acres so I can have both

Comment

Working...
                                X