No announcement yet.

Sams vs Costco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team Costco all the way, their online store is also great.

Comment

food quality is much better at Costco.

Comment

Depends on what you're shopping for. I get all of my business supplies and pre packaged snacks at Sam's. My wife gets fruits and veggies at Costco. I can't stand Costco because of the crowd. I also use the ap to scan and pay at Sam's so I skip the checkout line.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          I’ve never been. So what are you paying $60 to do at Costco, does that just get you in the door?
          I've had this debate for years. There's not one close enough to me either way. But I'm curious still if it's worth paying to be a member.

What I've been told.
          1. Prices are not cheaper than HEB because they only have name brands and Kirkland.
          2. If going store brand Kirkland is better than HEB or HCF
          3. But buying name brand in bulk for a tiny discount doesn't save much if any because you waste 1/2 jar of sauce (or whatever) and you're back to same price as HEB

4. Best thing is their credit card. You use and get cash back. Discounts on travel packages that are insured through Costco.
          5. The hot dog deal is still cheap

** No idea if this changed or not, just what I've been told. Members please chime in.

Comment

I like Sam's better but I have a membership at cosco because their hearing aids are the best value around and they clean them monthly for free. Yuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              I much prefer Costco, especially their meat, and other fresh foods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              This^^^

Comment

It's basically like Walmart vs Target. I think Target may own Costco. When we were in DFW we went to Costco over Sams. With the new Costco in CS we may go there even though Sams auto renewed my wife's membership last month.

Comment

We use Sam's and have for many years. But we don't go to buy food, just mainly staples like paper goods and a few bulk seasonings. People say they go to Sams/Costco to buy food-food, why would you go to a warehouse to buy food? lol, that makes no sense to me. It isn't meant to be upper quality food.
                  Yeah, the meat looks fine but its way over-priced there.

Comment

Sam's for me

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of opinions and that is what they are. We like Sam's but also have a Costco membership. We have been in the Cypress Costco. We haven't been inside the new store here, only the gas line. We like Sam's meat but their seafood products have gone downhill. We have an upgraded account at both stores and get big discounts on the prescriptions we buy through Sam's. Costco seems to be a little "slicker" if that means anything to you. Good luck with what you decide TS.

Comment

Sam’s all the way for me!!

That’s because Sam’s is 10 minutes away and Costco is an hour and 30 minutes.

I have a coworker that drives a three hour round-trip with his wife to Costco. Counting to drive to, shopping and then drive back it takes him about six hours. When I asked him why does that he said because my wife wants to and it’s a cool store. Whatever that means….

Comment

I have both. But prefer Costco.

In all my years I’ve only met 1 Costco employee that wasn’t professional. Which is far different than my Sam’s experiences.

Comment

Was a Costco guy for years !
                            Then we moved west now Sam’s is closer by a ways.

Comment

How is Costco's service dept(mainly talking about tires)? Ive had great luck(surprisingly) with tire service from Sam's over the last 20yrs or so.

Comment

Costco
                                When wife and I went to the big island of Hawaii, Costco had great meat and bakery, fruit , so I like to buy stuff for the ranch when we have hunters

, she likes sams also but only for styrofoam cups and plates, plastic wear
                                Sams in San Antonio is dirty looking
                                Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-11-2022, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X