Out of Charcoal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    There’s an ol boy on here that is a member of the D&D charcoal family, and also an employee. His username escapes me, but I bet he could offer some info on the subject.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
    You sure it isn’t B&B?? I remember somebody saying he was a member here.
    That is what I’ve buying when I can find it. Bought the last bag that the Franklin supermarket had and haven’t seen any since. That was a couple weeks ago.
    Originally posted by Radar View Post
    I think it is Txoutdoorsman24
    Someone page me . I’ve been watching this thread.
    D-Mo you are correct. Wife’s family owned the business until early last year when it sold to Duraflame, I was just never an employee.
    From my limited knowledge on making charcoal, you did it correct Squiggy. It definitely ain’t rocket science. Burn it thru, choke out the fuel (air) and let it cool off.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
      Someone page me . I’ve been watching this thread.
      D-Mo you are correct. Wife’s family owned the business until early last year when it sold to Duraflame, I was just never an employee.
      From my limited knowledge on making charcoal, you did it correct Squiggy. It definitely ain’t rocket science. Burn it thru, choke out the fuel (air) and let it cool off.

[emoji20]
      That explains the lower quality of the newer B&B pellets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        [emoji20]

I haven’t noticed lower quality, just lower in quantity.
        I used to be able to buy at Wally World, Academy’s, and any grocery store. And I’m talking about the big yellow bags (mesquite).
        Now, I’m lucky if I see it at my local supermarket where they used to have plenty of it. Only place I’ve been able to find it in Bryan/College Station is Krogers and they only have the small bags.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	A4B77C11-41B0-4712-B922-6D59DF4CBDDA.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	24687868

Made up another batch yesterday evening. It turned out better than the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            [emoji20]

I haven’t noticed lower quality, just lower in quantity.
            I used to be able to buy at Wally World, Academy’s, and any grocery store. And I’m talking about the big yellow bags (mesquite).
            Now, I’m lucky if I see it at my local supermarket where they used to have plenty of it. Only place I’ve been able to find it in Bryan/College Station is Krogers and they only have the small bags.
            Unfortunately we have heard these things a few times now that things are different. Totally different systems in place with duraflame

Comment

[ATTACH]1096003[/ATTACH]

Made up another batch yesterday evening. It turned out better than the first one.
              That’s looks pretty darn good

Comment

I need to take the time to figure this operation out! It would save me so much money. I have enough scraps from the sawmill around here that I would have an endless supply.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20EFC743-1DF0-40FA-89C9-7F6549598CE7.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	24688432

Fired up the grill for the first time using my homemade charcoal. Almost ready for some wings and legs.

Comment

That's really cool! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Just when I didn't need one more thing to add on my "Try it Out Plate"

Comment

I have made my own by using water to drown out the coals. At the ranch when I had a big bed of coals left after cooking supper. I decided to spray some water on the fire to drown it out. Came back the next weekend and decided to hit the dried out coals with a pear burner. Instant coals ready for cooking.

Comment

Cooked up some wings and legs. Turned out great and fire was still hot.
                          What I noticed most of all, it didn’t take long at all to have a bed of coals ready to cook. I won’t be buying another bag of charcoal.

Comment

Gonna have to try this soon

Comment

Working...
                            X