• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good grief!!

Comment

After the most recent pics I bet he gets real close to 230"

Comment

Not that I have a ton of experience with deer that size, but I am betting he ends up in the 230-240" range. That is an absolutely beautiful deer.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
          After the most recent pics I bet he gets real close to 230"
          I upped my guess to finishing at 240. Hard to figure all that trash off his bases. I could miss him 20 inches.

Comment

I think he finishes out 250+

Comment

Any ideas on age and score of these guys? I know they are not supper big; but it’s a new lease I just got and trying to get it figured out, 1st year on lease and don’t plan on shooting any of them this year. We started feeding protein this year and from what the LO said, it would be the first ever. Any honest opinions would greatly be appreciated. In advanced, thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I wish I could help but these pictures are tough for scoring and aging this time of year is just guess work without history on those particular deer. I’m in same situation with a new property this year. Until they start bulking up age guessing is really just that IMO. They are mature but fully mature is your target I’m sure as most of us are shooting for. I do know one thing for sure you have a good start seeing some great potential already with a solid blood line it appears. Good luck and congrats on the new place.

Comment

Thanks man! I was excited too when I saw the pics. Good luck with your new lease as well. I will try and post some better pics when they get done with the velvet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Couple of better pics of the same buck.

I have a video, but don’t know how to post.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4078.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	24688561

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4077.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	24688562

Comment

Still hard to tell in those pictures but I think a couple maybe at least 5.5 Have pretty good bellies on them ! I’m in same boat as well on a new place trying to get a hit list going we want them to be at least 5.5 before we put them on the list!

Comment

Thx for the input Hoss! I agree, the bigger 9 should be close to 5.5. We have him on video and he acts like an older buck. Very cautious while he is feeding, will stare into the camera, like he knows something isn’t just right. I would like to let him go another year being this is the 1st year the place has had protein and see how he turns out next year, assuming he does get killed by a neighbor. I also don’t think I will be able to keep the kids from pulling the trigger on him but I am totally ok with that. Good luck on your new place.

Seems like we are seeing more bucks on camera than does, also seeing a few Turkey and of course Hogs. Had a pile of about 20 hogs showed up last night at one of the feeders around 10 pm, cleaned out the left over corn in about 10 minutes and left.

Comment

Pic of him in daylight, pretty sure it’s the same deer.

Comment

Dang nice buck and he is definitely old enough I say probably 6.5 !

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                              Dang nice buck and he is definitely old enough I say probably 6.5 !

Thanks! What do you think he will score? Funny thing is, I think I might have two like this. One has a crab claw on the right and one has a crab claw on the left side.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhdme View Post
                                Pic of him in daylight, pretty sure it’s the same deer.

Thats a nice buck. Mid 40s?

And dang thats a big A feeder. How much does it hold?

Comment

Working...
                                X