2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walker View Post
    Made a 3 day trip to landcut with a 7, an 8, and 2 ten year olds. Great times had by all.:
    Great time

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Made a 3 day trip to landcut with a 7, an 8, and 2 ten year olds. Great times had by all.:
      That sir, is what it's all about!

Comment

What video fishing? Live Scope?

Comment

Video fishing is just side scan for the big schools a bull reds and throw on top of them. Just ride around until it’s time to get pulled on.

Comment

Several boats were out there whacken em. Those young guys catching them on Fly rigs out of that micro skiff were busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              Video fishing is just side scan for the big schools a bull reds and throw on top of them. Just ride around until it’s time to get pulled on.
              You came through my hood and didn’t stop to visit???

Sad day Sir.

Glad y’all whacked em!!! Bet that was tiresome!!!

Comment

Headed that way tomorrow! Loftin and I will have the autopilots in tow. Haven't put together a itinerary just yet, but anywhere around Galveston is in the target area

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

All these years, and I just find out the owner of that boat and pier is a TBH'er!
                  I bet we waved at each other of the years too.

That's a wonderful place (landcut), always loved my trips there...lot's of good memories , but fave was taking my brother in law in our boat (he and bought it together - he only got to fish in it 3 times) where he caught his only trout over 20 inches (a 27 beast on a topwater) before he passed away much too soon with cancer in Sep 2019.
                  Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
                    All these years, and I just find out the owner of that boat and pier is a TBH'er!
                    I bet we waved at each other of the years too.

That's a wonderful place (landcut), always loved my trips there...lot's of good memories , but fave was taking my brother in law in our boat (he and bought it together - he only got to fish in it 3 times) where he caught his only trout over 20 inches (a 27 beast on a topwater) before he passed away much too soon with cancer in Sep 2019.
                    The owner of that boat isn't a tbh'er. Him and I played hs football together in 68/69. He does own that cabin on the corners there and he's down at least once a month. His boat was much better looking for a picture of the boys than mine. His son played for Texas back in the Chris Simms Era so the boat got its name from that.

Comment

Went video fishing today in POC. Caught over 20 and most of the time it was doubles

Why is Danny not posting now?

Comment

Had two guys I worked with come in today. The water salinity has fish messed up. We caught plenty of redfish and this gar. Middle of Aransas bay on Mud Island flats. We need some fresh water bad. Not a shrimp seen today

I just realized don’t see much of Danny (Wildman) on here anymore- same old Danny just moved to Seadrift.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by glen; 07-31-2022, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Went video fishing today in POC. Caught over 20 and most of the time it was doubles
                          Saw y'all all out there, along with 17 other boats (we counted 18 off that point), figured the reds were schooling. Lol

Comment

Southbound

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

This past Saturday we got skunked. Not a single keeper redfish. Same spots, same methods as the previous weekend, we caught 22 slot redfish, a 5 person limit by 1pm.

Other photo is part of a dish I made for the Cardiac Dept at the hospital my fiancé works at. She said it was a huge hit. It’s one of my family’s favorite for redfish.

Super easy- Tony’s Seasoning on fillets, tomato paste and minced garlic on bottom of dish, topped with chopped sweet onion, tomato, celery - added Cajun Seasoned butter from HEB. Baked til done. Served over white rice with garlic toast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That looks delicious.

Comment

Working...
                                X