Question for the Solar gurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
    The sun is at a different angle in Canada, these won't work with America sun rays.

They are one of the largest solar companies there is.

Lmao i knew there was a possibility this would be a stupid question, but i was more concerned with the wiring hook up. You know we like to be different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

Would these work? Not sure what difference the Canadian panels are?

Those would definitely work. Those are 24v panels. Basically, they are the same as the panels that I run(same ratings, just a different brand. But Canadian Solar is a good, reputable company.

Comment

Would these work? Not sure what difference the Canadian panels are?

Made in China, assembled in Taiwan. This is why Canada can't be trusted.

I bet it has metric bolts and overly polite instructions. They probably ship them using caribou.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowman12 View Post
          As usual ended up going bigger than what I thought after doing more research. I ended up getting the 195w solar panel kit from ecoworthy (1560w total - 8 panels) (https://www.eco-worthy.com/collectio...95w-mono-panel) ran them in 2 48v series (saves you a ton in wiring to go higher voltage)

Bought an all in one unit for mppt charge controller / inverter (uses more power than the components separately, but it's plug and play and I can wire 120v from a generator or the grid into the unit as backup power). Have 2 48v series running into a PV combiner box (came with ecoworthy kit)

I am running a 6000 btu window unit nonstop from 10:30 - 5:30pm everyday and the freezer. So far no issues other than one rainy day where I hit the battery cutoff point at 24v

Pretty happy with it, curious to see my electricity bill in July, noticed my central air isn't running near as much during the heat of the day

What batteries are you running?

Comment

I have several sizes, but would like to work my way up to a size to run a freezer and a small window unit up to 8 hrs

I just bought a freezer that runs on electric and can switch to propane if needed. It has propane hooked up I just flip a switch if electric goes out.

But I guess if you want to run other things like small AC's you'd need solar.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
              What batteries are you running?
              Timeusb is ready to change the game with our Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery replacement for a aged lead acid battery. It’s time to upgrade your heavy lead-acid batteries to LiFePO4 batteries and upgrade your lifestyle and ability to adventure!

Have two of these wired in series for 24v. My BIL has had them for a while with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowman12 View Post
                https://www.timeusbpower.com/product...ifepo4-battery

Have two of these wired in series for 24v. My BIL has had them for a while with no issues.

Your solar panels should be putting out enough power to be able to double up on the batteries. That way they will last longer once the sun goes down.

Comment

Cav, I plan on adding more batteries and panels eventually. Wanted to get started first, but can add another 600 watts of panels and for sure more batteries (space is an issue).

FYI just got the july bill in. 11% down from June. I feel like that’s pretty good considering how **** hot it was all month.

Comment

Working...
                  X