Matador WMA Vs. Chaparral WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say you win the Whitetail Bonanza hunt through the Big Time Texas Hunts and had to pick between the Matador WMA and the Chaparral WMA which would you pick and why?

I would have a hard time picking since I want to hunt both some day.

I'd pick the Chap, just because I've hunted the Matador a couple times already. Never been to Chap.

Comment

Matador! love that country out there. S Tx doesn't do much for me.

Comment

Chap

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Matador.
          Chap is overrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Rainfall for both this year are no bueno. Then you need weather the weak u draw. If everything lines up Matador would smoke chap IMO. That’s on 170 class wt .

Comment

Hunted both and Chap. Is the way to go.

Comment

I have hunted both and love both. Tough choice.

The absolute largest buck I have ever seen in my life was one night coming off Matador headed back to the motel in Childress. Between the headquarters and 83. GIANT buck with big drops off each corner. Insane buck.

Comment

Chap

Comment

Originally posted by tward1604 View Post
                    Say you win the Whitetail Bonanza hunt through the Big Time Texas Hunts and had to pick between the Matador WMA and the Chaparral WMA which would you pick and why?

Matador
                    I drew a mule dear tag years ago and saw some massive wt. good elevation so you can cover a lot of ground by glassing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Matador because you could hunt WT or MD and have a chance at a 170" buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
                        Matador.
                        Chap is overrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        This and I’ve hunted both. Matador has GIANTS

Comment

I have always loved looking at Matador pictures and agree would probably prefer a hunt there. On the other hand, the Chap is just one of those hunts you have to go on as Texan, classic South Texas.

At least that's how it seams.

Comment

Originally posted by tward1604 View Post

I've hunted both. I'd do Matador. Chap isn't what it was years ago in my humble opinion. Also, I like hunting free range more than high-fence. I hunted mules at Matador, but some some nice whitetails that would rival some of the bigger Chap bucks I've seen.
                            Last edited by acepipeman; 09-10-2022, 03:17 PM.

Comment

We live next door to the chap, so matador would be my pick.

The chap deer are in dire need of some protein….our deer blow them away by probably 40-50 inches, and the only real difference is the supplemental feeding.
                              Last edited by Atfulldraw; 09-10-2022, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X