No announcement yet.

Real Estate Investing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a place at Lake Texoma in Sherwood Shores. Its basically a neighborhood with a bunch of trailer houses real close to the lake. I would like to do something with it. It is 2 lots with an old trailer that could maybe be fixed up. I have thought about tearing it down and putting a small house on it, and selling. Or just selling as is. Then use the profit to buy something else to invest in. I just don't know how to go about any of it though. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by DFA; 07-17-2022, 02:09 AM.

Comment

I don’t get how having a rent house even makes a profit worth pursuing after paying taxes, mortgage, and expenses. Netting 2-300 bucks a month doesn’t seem worth it to me for the headache.

Comment

This thread gets me excited

Comment

Originally posted by BLee15 View Post
          I don’t get how having a rent house even makes a profit worth pursuing after paying taxes, mortgage, and expenses. Netting 2-300 bucks a month doesn’t seem worth it to me for the headache.
          Depends on your plan. Long term you also have to factor appreciation gained.
          There are many investors who leverage their cash & mortgage properties & use the rent to cover the mortgage. 20 years down the road you could have several properties paid for with significant appreciation in value
          At that point you sell & reinvest in to other options or you use the cash flow as retirement income to supplement SS, pension, 401k, etc

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
              I'm a full time land investor and have three deals in the pipeline right now all over the country. Buy a lot of 35-40 acre tracts that I turn into notes.

I partner with land owners as well, have a retail aspect on the brokerage side and do development here recently as well. I freaking love my job.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...t/id1515883987
              Is this your personal podcast? I would like to learn more about partnering with land owners.

Comment

Working...
              X