Aerobic Septic Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
    I quit paying. To me its a brother in law rule. They dont do anything but "inspect" it. They said they were going to turn me into the TRA. Ive never heard anything from TRA about it. Ill spend that 300 dollars on a service call if I need it.

I've thought about that too, but haven't for the same reason. I'll call them about the bill and see if I actually received the discount for having the contract. I am paid up through May 2023.

Comment

Check you toilets etc for leaks... had a leaking toilet that filled my entire system until shorted out my pump switch in my tank... I used a submersible pump and pumped out my tank to replace my pump and float switch, had it pumped out at same time, probably year or two ago and my service guy stated last week I am at 10% solids... id keep calling looking for someone to pump it out

Comment

Originally posted by Big_gun View Post
        Check you toilets etc for leaks... had a leaking toilet that filled my entire system until shorted out my pump switch in my tank... I used a submersible pump and pumped out my tank to replace my pump and float switch, had it pumped out at same time, probably year or two ago and my service guy stated last week I am at 10% solids... id keep calling looking for someone to pump it out

Both toilets were leaking through the tank into the bowl. I had my son change out all the guts in the bowls about 2 months ago. One of them is no longer leaking, but the other one is. That is the one where I smell sewer gasses since I added the Dr Pooper treatment. I don't know why it is still leaking through, everything in it is new, including the flapper, fill valve, flapper seal and gasket between the tank and the bowl. Could the wax floor gasket cause this? That's the only thing that hasn't been changed yet, but I feel like this is the source of the sewer smell.

Comment

My opinion, if you've replaced all that other stuff, then yes, I'd change the floor ring. It may be broken enough to let in the odor, or the concrete around it may need repair.

I told you what my situation was as I have a guy I trust doing my repairs, testing, etc. He used to work for me at the city. I pay $170 annually for 3 tests/reporting on our system to the county health department. I know I'm getting a deal, so take that for what its worth as a comparison. I wouldn't want the county health department fining me for not having a contract with a licensed service rep and reporting me to TCEQ. I fired the one I started out with as his son wasn't leaving documentation of any inspections for me.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin View Post
            Sounds like a clog between the first and 2nd tanks

This 100%.

And second of all….I have come to the conclusion that there are liberal sissy’s that know more about septics than actual septic guys……take EVERYTHING they say with a grain of salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
            X