LIV Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Playa View Post
    There was an entertaining side of golf? I just thought the televised them to assist with dozing off for an afternoon nap!
    I’m not saying you’re right or wrong, but I’ve had some mighty fine naps while people chased a little ball around on TV!

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
      Players who resigned and are no longer tour members can still play via sponsors exemptions, suspended players cannot.

They’ve all been suspended by the tour. Whether a tour member or not. They cannot play via sponsors exemptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
        Their careers are much shorter and their is no champions football league.
        And lots and lots of serious injuries

You might want to look at the other two leagues mentioned. Chris Davis, same guy who would swing at a pitch bouncing 1/2 way to home plate, signed a $161 million dollar 7 year deal…. 35+ bigger deals have been signed in the MLB and the Trout deal is almost half a bill. Tiger Woods, aka the second best golfer of all time and the #1 money all time has a little more than $120 mil in career earnings…. Pretty sure he’s had a few golf related injuries too, but he can play on the champions tour right? Interesting take

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
          They’ve all been suspended by the tour. Whether a tour member or not. They cannot play via sponsors exemptions.

That was my point. Read the post I quoted.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
            That was my point. Read the post I quoted.

I read it. By the memo sent out today, you’re wrong.

In the memo sent out by the pga they specifically mention the players suspended(including those who resigned) and state that they cannot play on sponsors exemptions.

Comment

Originally posted by DoveBlaster View Post
              You might want to look at the other two leagues mentioned. Chris Davis, same guy who would swing at a pitch bouncing 1/2 way to home plate, signed a $161 million dollar 7 year deal…. 35+ bigger deals have been signed in the MLB and the Trout deal is almost half a bill. Tiger Woods, aka the second best golfer of all time and the #1 money all time has a little more than $120 mil in career earnings…. Pretty sure he’s had a few golf related injuries too, but he can play on the champions tour right? Interesting take

Those are crazy $ numbers. I don’t follow pro sports so I didn’t realize the contracts were that enormous.
              Wonder how their endorsement deals compare ?
              I remember Spieth got a huge contract early in his career from Under Armor.
              Before Tiger’s golf club “injuries”, he had a ton of endorsements.

Comment

Originally posted by DoveBlaster View Post
                Take a look at what the top MLB, NBA, NFL player are making annually and see if you think those records mean anything
                The argument is whether there are golfers outside the PGA tour who can compete on the tour but simply choose not to. What he is saying is if they were that good why aren't there here competing where the best money is. The PGA tour pays considerably better than the European tour and the fact is the guys on the Euro tour can't compete with the PGA players consistently.

The top 4 players in the points on the Euro tour are Rory who has played only 4 tournaments, Viktor Hovland who has played 5, Justin Thomas who has played 3 and Will Zalatoris who has played 3. All PGA members.

5th is Thomas Peiters who has played 7 tournaments, 6th who is Ryan Fox who has played 10.

4th place has 400 more points that the guy in 6th and has played less than 1/3 of the tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                  I read it. By the memo sent out today, you’re wrong.

In the memo sent out by the pga they specifically mention the players suspended(including those who resigned) and state that they cannot play on sponsors exemptions.

That is exactly what I'm saying. The pga tour suspended them so they can't play via a sponsors exemption.

The guy I quoted was basically saying it was dumb or petty or whatever point he was trying to get across for the PGA tour to suspend players who already resigned.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                    Does anyone ever watch DP World Tour now? Boring A-F! LIV will be the same. Go play overseas and take the money. I don't judge any of them for it but don't think this will be true competition for the PGA.
                    same here. there's money and that's about all. No tv, no sponsors. No sponsors, no promotion. For the golfers involved, I hope it doesn't go belly up too quickly.

How long will Saudi's pour money into this without getting some payback?

Comment

It's called freedom of choice. This move shows that the monopoly of the PGA has a crack. Where people golf means nothing to us common folk. It will have a zero effect on everyone on here out side of the entertainment aspect as it won't be televised as of now.
                      Last edited by Jon Stewart; 06-10-2022, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                        same here. there's money and that's about all. No tv, no sponsors. No sponsors, no promotion. For the golfers involved, I hope it doesn't go belly up too quickly.

How long will Saudi's pour money into this without getting some payback?
                        With $120 oil? A long time

Comment

Money is funny. See the types of athletes we have in baseball and football now and convince me the days of having to be good to make money don’t bring out the best competitors and attitudes. Not true in all cases but I’m just feeling like there’s an endless supply of money and it won’t end well for most one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                            Money is funny. See the types of athletes we have in baseball and football now and convince me the days of having to be good to make money don’t bring out the best competitors and attitudes. Not true in all cases but I’m just feeling like there’s an endless supply of money and it won’t end well for most one way or another.
                            Super max contracts and load management in the NBA says hi.

Comment

Originally posted by Mossback View Post
                              With $120 oil? A long time
                              2 years I hope, maybe sooner!

Comment

It's not about turning a profit for them, this is nothing more than entertainment. It just depends how long it takes them to get bored, or whack another journalist or two and everyone jumps ship.

They have and endless supply of money.

Comment

Working...
                                X