Well they outsmarted me again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well they outsmarted me again!

Ive posted several times about my frustration with “the sisters” - three old does that run together and never have fawns with them. They have gotten almost in bow range 5-6 times over the last two seasons but always spook even when the wind is right. Real sixth sense stuff. I got in the krivo today at 3:15 (feeder throws at 4:30) and at 3:18 before I had a chance to settle in or open a window they hop into the pen. I nock an arrow and give them a few minutes. When all three seemed to be looking away I slowly started opening a window. From their reaction you would think I sounded “charge” on a bugle. Foiled again!

Dang!
    I feel your pain. There is a single doe that comes in with a group of other does and yearlings. When she is coming in to the feeder she is blowing and alerting the whole time and keeps everyone on edge. They rarely if ever settle down and I usually get busted while trying to draw on her.

Comment

Those older mature does are the hardest ones to fool in all the deer woods. I feel your pain Jerp.

Comment

Perhaps they're on high alert when they enter? Maybe give them a few minutes to get comfortable before opening the window next time? Maybe, maybe not. Good luck.

Comment

I know the feeling,. I swear it seems like they can feel you looking at them.

Comment

I have two just like that, I think this is the fourth year for sure the third. I call them the Smartest Does in Texas. Good luck getting one, they are what I call a trophy doe.

Comment

Ha! We used to have 3 does like that. We called them the "Barbies." But rifle season finally caught up to them.

Comment

Originally posted by DRettele View Post
                Dang!
                I feel your pain. There is a single doe that comes in with a group of other does and yearlings. When she is coming in to the feeder she is blowing and alerting the whole time and keeps everyone on edge. They rarely if ever settle down and I usually get busted while trying to draw on her.

This type of behavior is truely unacceptable and will immediately earn a spot in my freezer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like a great opportunity for a 22-250 to the light switch at a distance..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Sounds like a great opportunity for a 22-250 to the light switch at a distance..
                    exactly. Head shots usually cure this type of behavior right up.

Comment

Have you ever checked your thermal drift?

Comment

Working...
                      X