X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Insurance for teen

who's the best .....do's and dont's
    add on .........liability ect

DO have a vehicle you don't need to carry collision and comp on if possible!

Comment

from what I have found, it doesnt matter what vehicle he is " assigned to" they will rate him on the most expensive one on the policy because he could possibly drive it...

It sucks, I am in this same boat....they are raping me on auto insurance

Comment

[QUOTE=MacDaddy67;14207655]from what I have found, it doesnt matter what vehicle he is " assigned to" they will rate him on the most expensive one on the policy because he could possibly drive it...

If that's what your agent or company does, you should leave them immediately. We rate on the least expensive and the young driver is free to drive any vehicle on the policy.

Comment

[quote=ACCURACYINC;14207662]
          Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
          from what I have found, it doesnt matter what vehicle he is " assigned to" they will rate him on the most expensive one on the policy because he could possibly drive it...

If that's what your agent or company does, you should leave them immediately. We rate on the least expensive and the young driver is free to drive any vehicle on the policy.
          What company do you represent? In same boat

Comment

Your agent should and can put you on the cheapest vehicle on your policy. They can drive all the vehicles on your policy but their price will be rated on their assigned vehicle. There are also discounts if they have above a 3.0 GPA and Driver training. This is based on Farm Bureau

Comment

I was called a second class citizen on here for putting my kid on an older vehicle than what he drove even though that’s what the agent wanted to do.

Comment

When I bought my truck, the finance manager actually suggested I create a separate policy with just me and my son on the paid for liability only car to keep the rate down.

Comment

You’re gonna get raped no matter what.

Comment

Young drivers are giant risk for insurance companies. High risk = high dollar. Some good advice on here so far. I remember my insurance payment was more than my truck payment over 20 years ago.

Comment

Amica

Comment

All your vehicle rates are going to go up. My parents made it very clear that is what happened when I got my license.

Liability only, and the crappiest reliable car you can find is the key.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post

It sucks, I am in this same boat....they are raping me on auto insurance
                          Call someone else. My son can drive wifes high country, my tacoma or the jeep we handed down for the same money

Allstate tried it. They wanted to double my premium. 255 to 540

We got with progressive and it went up but not as much. Hes been driving since January and we have dropped a few bucks just from his grades.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is a dont.

Dont buy your 17 yo son a new 4 cyl mustang. It's the eco boost with turbo. Very few a
                            Carriers would even write it. I assumed 4 cyl = cheap.

Wrong, extra 300.00 mo..

Comment

I have a 2006 Ford Fusion in the driveway with my son's name all over it.

Comment

Working...
                              X