Frustration is setting in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustration is setting in

Just like it says I'm at that point where it's getting to be extremely frustrating. I've been passing some bucks for years and they have all finally reached 5.5-7.5 everyone I've passed in daylight at some point. I've had neighbors move in last year and this year have had multiple encounters with my shooters, and I'm left looking at 2.5-3.5 yo. I have zero issue with my neighbor having encounters with them I'd be happy for them. Im just getting frustrated with passing them to 5.5 to only have them disappear the grind is starting to wear on me. Small vent session

High fence, less frustration.

Comment

Feed protein year round, will keep the Bucks holding close.

Comment

I know exactly how you feel. I had the same thing happen to me at my old lease in Evant. Properties sold around us and wanted started day hunting I think. Barely saw a deer on our last year and this was a big MLD ranch we hunted on. Very frustrating. You either have to live with it or fork up a lot more money.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
          Feed protein year round, will keep the Bucks holding close.
          They're within 500 yards of me and I have on cam here and there I feed from June to August. They're there all year and start breaking up as usually but with the new feed sources with 600 yards of all my sets it has them way more rangy

Comment

I feel your pain

Comment

So, basically.....Your neighbors, are shooting your deer.?
              But, your happy for them......
              Exactally what is your vent about?

Comment

Yep. Pass on small bucks just to see them get shot by the neighbors. We will never have big bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                  They're within 500 yards of me and I have on cam here and there I feed from June to August. They're there all year and start breaking up as usually but with the new feed sources with 600 yards of all my sets it has them way more rangy
                  Same thing at my bow lease. It is fun watching the same bachelor groups coming in every evening in late summer. As soon as the velvet comes off, the bachelor groups become smaller and buck activity goes way down on camera. I do not believe they get more "rangy" because of more food options but more on the lines of becoming more territorial and that time of year where they don't like each other which spreads them far and wide.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

lol you don't want one of those bucks anyway. We just waiting on the OG of them all. You'll have your chance at swoop or gnarly soon enough. Those does are the key and the pressure is about to put them in the sanctuary. Stay the course, proof is in the pudding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I passed 6 different 4 yo bucks on my new place so far this year. All were 120-135" deer. I shall see how many make it until next year.

Comment

I feel your pain...It's taken a huge hit in me

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                          So, basically.....Your neighbors, are shooting your deer.?
                          But, your happy for them......
                          Exactally what is your vent about?
                          The time and effort and the grind just taking its toll to have these bucks just not cooperating. It's part of hunting I know that I'm just feeling the grind and I wanted to vent. Nothing more nothing less

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                            lol you don't want one of those bucks anyway. We just waiting on the OG of them all. You'll have your chance at swoop or gnarly soon enough. Those does are the key and the pressure is about to put them in the sanctuary. Stay the course, proof is in the pudding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            man I hope so

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                              Same thing at my bow lease. It is fun watching the same bachelor groups coming in every evening in late summer. As soon as the velvet comes off, the bachelor groups become smaller and buck activity goes way down on camera. I do not believe they get more "rangy" because of more food options but more on the lines of becoming more territorial and that time of year where they don't like each other which spreads them far and wide.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                              Thing is everyone is still within a 600-800 yard radius. I have them on cam but in now way patternable and all at night. Had one encounter with a shooter to have him pop his head out for min or two well out of bow range.

Comment

Working...
                              X