No announcement yet.

Which new rule would you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't see either happening but I can't give up Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
      now your just cherry picking sir ....and I'm not "pretending" anything...

SATURDAY is the Sabbath...

"Hardly working" is still working, thus not in accordance to God's word if YOUR preacher is preachin on the SABBATH day....

but you go on cherry picking & keep pretending if it makes you feel better...but ya might wanna give that high horse a rest.
      Cherry picking? Isn't this where common sense kicks in ?
      Pole America and 99% percent will say the Sabbath is Sun. Ok, so it's not literally the 7th day, but it is the day we all recognize as the Lords day.
      Since you say it's not the Sabbath, is a believer who doesn't worship on Sat at odds with gods law? Or does God just ask that we give 1 day of the week?
      Let's say the law passed, and you got caught. Think your lawyer could convince the judge, Sun wasn't the sabbath?

I used to have a uncle just like this. Call a rotary mower a Bush Hog, and he would make some smart ***** comment every time about how Bush Hog is a brand name, not a thing.
      Yeah, I know, but the whole world knows the implement as a Bush Hog, not a rotary mower.
      See how that works? Very redundant.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        After all these years, if huntin on Sunday is what gets me the hot gate....I'll be real upset.
        You're probably gonna be real upset if you believe in such things.
        If you read the bible much at all, you would know you'll wind up in hell for much less.
        There's a reason very few will be in heaven, as per the bible.
        I am not the least bit religous by the way, but I have read the bible through many times, and studied it for yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
          Pole America and 99% percent will say the Sabbath is Sun. Ok, so it's not literally the 7th day, but it is the day we all recognize as the Lords day.
          Since you say it's not the Sabbath, is a believer who doesn't worship on Sat at odds with gods law? Or does God just ask that we give 1 day of the week?
          Let's say the law passed, and you got caught. Think your lawyer could convince the judge, Sun wasn't the sabbath?

I used to have a uncle just like this. Call a rotary mower a Bush Hog, and he would make some smart ***** comment every time about how Bush Hog is a brand name, not a thing.
          Yeah, I know, but the whole world knows the implement as a Bush Hog, not a rotary mower.
          See how that works? Very redundant.
          Wrong comparison. If everyone starts calling a weedeater a Bush Hog, it'd be the same type comparison.

Sunday is a day of worship in America. The Sabbath is Saturday. That's literally the meaning of Sabbath. I don't think anyone is being contradictory, I just stated a fact to someone that said, "No hunting on Sunday because the Sabbath is holy"...or something to that effect. I just pointed out that was flawed logic since Sunday didn't have anything to do with the Sabbath. And if every last SOB in America thinks Sunday is the Sabbath....They'll all be wrong.

Comment

wait.......what about common sense & cherry picking??!
            SUNDAY not being the SABBATH, IS the point...

cherry-pick verb
            cher·​ry-pick | \ ˈcher-ē-ˌpik \
            cherry-picked; cherry-picking; cherry-picks
            Definition of cherry-pick
            intransitive verb

: to select the best or most desirable
            transitive verb

: to select as being the best or most desirable
            also : to select the best or most desirable

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              Wrong comparison. If everyone starts calling a weedeater a Bush Hog, it'd be the same type comparison.

Sunday is a day of worship in America. The Sabbath is Saturday. That's literally the meaning of Sabbath. I don't think anyone is being contradictory, I just stated a fact to someone that said, "No hunting on Sunday because the Sabbath is holy"...or something to that effect. I just pointed out that was flawed logic since Sunday didn't have anything to do with the Sabbath. And if every last SOB in America thinks Sunday is the Sabbath....They'll all be wrong.

Comment

Neither

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

You call a rotary mower a Bush Hog, it literally isn't.
                  You call Sunday the Sabbath, it literally isn't.
                  It wasn't a comparison, it was an example of..
                  You are 100% correct in the literal sense .
                  To believers, Sun is literally their Sabbath.
                  It is what is, but it ain't what it is.
                  Connotation is a wildchild.

Comment

You call a rotary mower a Bush Hog, it literally isn't.
                    You call Sunday the Sabbath, it literally isn't.
                    It wasn't a comparison, it was an example of..
                    You are 100% correct in the literal sense .
                    To believers, Sun is literally their Sabbath.
                    It is what is, but it ain't what it is.

Connotation is a wildchild.
                    My 15/16" Hex Socket is a corn dog......this game is fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
                      wait.......what about common sense & cherry picking??!
                      SUNDAY not being the SABBATH, IS the point...

cherry-pick verb
                      cher·​ry-pick | \ ˈcher-ē-ˌpik \
                      cherry-picked; cherry-picking; cherry-picks
                      Definition of cherry-pick
                      intransitive verb

: to select the best or most desirable
                      transitive verb

: to select as being the best or most desirable
                      also : to select the best or most desirable
                      Yayyy, you can use a dictionary.
                      Maybe you can get some BOOMS, and Crawfish memes.
                      I wasn't trying to argue. Simply stating that the literal, would not save your butt in court.
                      So the literal is literally irrelevant in this instance.
                      You can state it all you want, but if it is 100% irrelevant what's the point?
                      Way off topic from the original post.
                      No harm no foul.
                      Enjoy your evening

Comment

Holy hi-jacked threads Batman!

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                          Holy hi-jacked threads Batman!
                          The whole thread was a troll job anyhow.

Comment

The whole thread was a troll job anyhow.
                            No way!!!

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                              I call BS on the OP hearing that TPWD is considering no hunting on Sundays (unless he heard this April 1st). There’s not 1 state considering implementing this, only states considering ditching it.

By the way I hunt AND go to church on Sunday.
                              My Grandpa and his brother-in-law were two of the founding elders of the Church of Christ I grew up in, and for a while I’ve had a sneaking suspicion that one of the reasons our Sunday morning services start at 11 is because Pawpaw and Great-Uncle Phillips both liked to be climbing out of the deer stand around 10.

I’ll never forget the Sunday I served on The Lord’s Table with deer blood on my jeans. I was a teenager, took a nice buck one Sunday morning, gutted him out, and got him back to the house with just enough time to hang him up, clean up and jump into the truck to go the church. I had changed my shirt and boots, but I thought my jeans were ok. Nope, had blood all over the back of the legs where I had wiped my hands. I noticed it as I was walking through the parking lot. Too late. Then my cousin stopped me at the door to remind me that I was number two on the Table. Stand in the middle, say the prayer to bless the Cup, and serve the communion trays up and down the center aisle. Let’s just say I got some funny looks from the folks that didn’t know it was deer season, and some smiles and knowing looks from those that did. Communion is a solemn, contemplative ceremony at our church, and it just about shocked me out of my skin when, while serving the first tray to my grandpa, he grabbed me by the arm and pulled me down so he could whisper “you git a good-un?”

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                                I know your being smart but this isn't something to joke about. I'd rather go to heaven than hunt on a Sunday. That's just me.
                                This comment really cracked me up. You are the first person I have ever heard associate hunting on Sundays and going to hell, which is a much bolder claim than your personal preference earlier. If hunting on a Sunday sends me to hell then I will sure be judged by many other worse actions as well that fell on a Sunday. May God show more mercy on my actions than you would.

For the record, I applaud your level of commitment to our Lord. We just don't see eye to eye on this topic.

Comment

Working...
                                X