Which new rule would you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
    I don’t think they would make you leave the deer at processor if you checked it there. No way does that make sense. But I agree, there are places far from anywhere.
    That's not what he's saying. He's just ssying it better not be super far out of the way since he doesn't make stops anyway. I agree. We don't use a processor either and it's a 4 hour drive home from the lease so adding an extra stop plus who know how long of a wait to actually be checked, would be awful.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t think they would make you leave the deer at processor if you checked it there. No way does that make sense. But I agree, there are places far from anywhere.
      I know what you mean but I don't pass a processor so I wouldn't have any reason to go to one ..

Comment

Funny how folks get all worked up over a hypothetical issue. Texas will never go to a ban on Sunday hunting, simply no justification for it. The mandatory check is more likely, but doubtful it is ever statewide. As of right now, mandatory checking occurs in the CWD zones, and, mandatory checking will be associated with some of the new doe day counties. Probably see larger areas of mandatory checking as CWD spreads.

Comment

The mandatory check in will be done by phone unless in a CWD containment zone. This is coming soon. Maybe not this year but it is coming. The no hunting on Sunday is fake news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
            I know what you mean but I don't pass a processor so I wouldn't have any reason to go to one ..
            Maybe they will do something like MLD where you weigh it live weight and dressed weight and you pull a jawbone? Then on the way home you drop it off at a designated check station. Seems logical for far out ranches?

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              1. Well....the Sabbath literally means the "Seventh" day, which is Saturday. The Sabbath has always been on Saturday, no matter how much modern day Christians can't read a calendar.....So that argument is stupid.

2. I don't know too much about this one, but considering how stupid number one was I'm gonna consider your opinion on this one is just as dumb.

Seems like some people are willing to put their misled convictions on other people because reading is hard.
              Are you saying all Church services should be moved to Saturdays?

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
                Funny how folks get all worked up over a hypothetical issue. Texas will never go to a ban on Sunday hunting, simply no justification for it. The mandatory check is more likely, but doubtful it is ever statewide. As of right now, mandatory checking occurs in the CWD zones, and, mandatory checking will be associated with some of the new doe day counties. Probably see larger areas of mandatory checking as CWD spreads.
                Also forgot to mention that mandatory checking is free, there never has been a charge. For the CWD checks, the animal has to be there, so physical checks would need to occur. But other than that deer can be checked on-line or through an app, like they are doing in the doe day counties. Not that big of a deal really.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  I'm saying the Sabbath is Saturday. I don't care when you go to church.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                    We need both.

1. Hunting an animal on the Sabbath is wrong IMO.

Seems like some people are willing to compromise their convictions in order for it to be more convenient for their OWN needs.
                    Every time I think to myself "that's the dumbest thing that I've ever seen typed on here", someone comes along and proves me wrong. This is the most idiotic thing to date...I'm sure someone will prove me wrong again, but for now you win

Comment

Maybe they will do something like MLD where you weigh it live weight and dressed weight and you pull a jawbone? Then on the way home you drop it off at a designated check station. Seems logical for far out ranches?
                      I hope these stations are open 24 hours. Sometimes I drive in and get home at midnight then go to work at 4 am for a week.. phone in would be easier.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter007 View Post
                        Neither.
                        Chicken ch*t rules.

Comment

These are just hypothetical questions right? None of this has been proposed.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            I am not sure he implied this, but his thoughts on Hunting4fun’s opinions on the subjects are very clear.

Comment

Prefer neither, but, out of the two I would choose the checkin.

Comment

If you want hunting to die at a faster pace than it already is go ahead and institute a ban on Sundays. Garbage rule everywhere it already exists and would be even worse here when you have guys driving 5 or 6 hours for a weekend hunt across the state.

I wouldn't mind checking in deer using an online system. Can't see how the state could staff enough stations to handle the load.

Comment

Working...
                                X