No announcement yet.

Accident Prone I Guess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sucks, but could have been worse. Was dove hunting when I was about 14. Crossing a fence my cousin was holding "open" (stepping on 2nd wire, and pulling up 3rd) his foot slipped and I took a Barb through the jeans and into one of the boys. Rough day.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Could have been worse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bigmike View Post
        And if the High Stepper. Slips ? No thx. Not me. Too heavy to trust that kinda stuff. Lol
        Yep, I stopped doing that fifteen or twenty years ago. Too big, too clumsy, too old. Not that I'd miss my cajones much......

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
          When's the last time, you had a tetanus shot....
          I like how every time I've been asked that question at the er the needle was already going into my arm by the time they finished asking it!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WamBow View Post
            We're barbs rusted?
            Rust isn't the problem---it is the bacteria introduced by the barbs, and it is especially bad around barnyards. The deep wounds allow the tetanus bacteria to grow since they like an "anaerobic" environment which a deep wound provides.

Comment

I stepped over a hot wire one time. I only did that once. It was out in a coastal field. I was trying to cut across the field to get back to the house. I picked the worst possible place to step over. Turns out there was a deep hole on the other side of the hotwire, but I could not tell because the grass was so dense. I could not get off of that fence fast enough. The old farmer had the box turned way up, his bull was pretty dang stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by Royal21973 View Post
                Could have been worse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Yes it could’ve. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by waterspiderpd27 View Post
                  I like how every time I've been asked that question at the er the needle was already going into my arm by the time they finished asking it!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                  Yep. Dang near had to fight my way out of one after getting some stitches from a work accident. The last one was just 3 years before that but they were insisting.
                  I'm due again in two years.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                    Dang, I bet that made ya say a bad word or 3.
                    Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                      When's the last time, you had a tetanus shot....
                      The barbs were not rusted and I had a Tetanus shot about 2 years ago.

I washed the wounds with Hydrogen Peroxide and applied Neosporin for 3 days. They are healing nicely but the location is suspect because every time I open my thumb, the wounds split open again. Hopefully in a few days it will be completely healed.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by IvoryRoot View Post
                        Yes it could’ve. Lol
                        That'll ruin your weekend, for sure.

Comment

Working...
                        X