"Official" 2016-2017 WT Postcard Hunt Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Official" 2016-2017 WT Postcard Hunt Thread

Didn't see a thread started, so here we go. Took this 94# field dressed doe this morning. Saw probably 30 deer, no lie. 9 does checked in so far including a double. So at least one person targeting bucks already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Removed; 10-22-2016, 11:32 AM.

Good work.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats a healthy doe! Congrats!

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Nice doe! Bummer I had to work this morning. Sat this evening and 2 groups of dove hunter's walked by and all around. Spooked all the deer so I left early oh well. It is funny when someone glasses you and then STILL walks right by your setup!!!!

Comment

I unfortunately ran into another hunter this evening. Seems there are a few of us in the same area. Unfortunately, I'm not abut to move all my stuff to a new area.

Comment

2 people hunting bucks now all three of us on our card should have our does but my buddy has blown 2 chip shots.

Congrats on the doe!

Comment

Tell him it's ok. I've missed 6 times under 50 yards.

Comment

Highlights of today, had a shooter buck under my stand. Not huge, but decent. Fell out of a 20' ladder stand. I'm ok.

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post
                    Highlights of today, had a shooter buck under my stand. Not huge, but decent. Fell out of a 20' ladder stand. I'm ok.

**** man be careful out there and glad your ok. Being out there by yourself and depending on how far back in there you are could be a bad bad deal. My dad had a strap break on him a few years ago and he took a pretty good tumble. ...he wears a harness every time now. Myself Im not that smart but sure makes you think.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                      **** man be careful out there and glad your ok. Being out there by yourself and depending on how far back in there you are could be a bad bad deal. My dad had a strap break on him a few years ago and he took a pretty good tumble. ...he wears a harness every time now. Myself Im not that smart but sure makes you think.

I was actually taking it down. I didn't have the long lines you are supposed to strap around the ladder and tree. I disconnected the top and as I descended a strep or two there was too much weight to the rear and the top part bent away from the tree. Not wanting to ruin it completely, I twisted sideways and let go when it got to about 45 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post

Saw probably 30 deer, no lie. 9 does checked in so far including a double. .

Not sure why they aren't offering more permits for this place, its not uncommon for me to see 20+ deer out there in a sit. I understand the need to limit permits to a degree, but they are overly limiting opportunity out there IMO, I've hunted alot of public ground in the state and for deer granger is better than 95% of them.
                        Last edited by bossbowman; 10-24-2016, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Yep and lets keep it that way! Each of the draws can now shoot 3 does and a buck. 70 hunters=210 does seems pretty efficient imo. They problem is the draw hunters that show up once or twice and dont shoot a thing. You dont always see 20+ deer a sit either I have sat many times and see 1 or 2. More standby spots would help imo to get more local guys in that will actually get out there and hunt. Boss you show up for the standyby?
                          Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 10-25-2016, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Couldn't make standby this year but always have in the past.

Comment

Has anyone ever been asked about how many times they went out in a season by tpwd? I heard in the orientation they were at about a 45% success rate with hunter's. Maybe due to the two weekend a season hunter's that get drawn from way out.

Comment

Working...
                              X