My first rant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    Give me one good reason why it should be acceptable to refer to the woman you supposedly love, and presumably the mother or your children some disrepctful term instead of referring to her as your wife or your sweetheart or whatever.
    How in the hell is the term "ol lady" disrespectful.......ya'll are ridiculous

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
      Deer season can't get here fast enough

Bingo

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
        Watching some idiot from the movies... Referenced his wife as
        " his old lady ".

I have seen several members on here do the same.

It really whizzes me off. If you have no more respect for your wife, why are you still married?????

It is rude, crude, and socially unacceptable to call your better half " my old lady ". Grow up, and don't be stupid. Show some respect to the woman who puts up with your rudeness.

Rant over.

First off its "ole" lady. Second off you sound like a liberal telling people how they should talk to "their" wife. If it's not your wife why do you care?

Comment

Watching some idiot from the movies... Referenced his wife as
          " his old lady ".

I have seen several members on here do the same.

It really whizzes me off. If you have no more respect for your wife, why are you still married?????

It is rude, crude, and socially unacceptable to call your better half " my old lady ". Grow up, and don't be stupid. Show some respect to the woman who puts up with your rudeness.

Rant over.
          Can you really put any stock into what someone on a "hunting forum" says if in his profile he says he hunts "no where" and uses terms like "whizzes me off"????

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            Buckshot, I totally agree with you. It may be socially acceptable in some circles, but not in the circles I travel. People can harangue you all they want, but not only is it disrepectful, it is classless. What son or daughter wants to hear their mother referred to as "my old lady"? I feel the same way about referring to a father as "my old man"! I would give almost anything for my father to be alive again, and I cannot imagine me me calling him "my old man"!

As you say, it is rude, crude, and disrespectful.
            I picture you saying that sipping tea with a pinkie up.

Comment

Originally posted by jtslush View Post
              Lol wearing his grumpy ol man shirt

Comment

Thank you Sir... I am glad a few of you get what I was trying to say.

General, no it wasn't a movie. It was an interview of a movie star.

I really hope none of you ever have to take this journey with your wife.

Call it endearment or whatever, it's still a lack of respect for your wife. Just my opinion.

And Black ice, that's funny as all heck. Thanks for making me laugh. I needed that.
                I'm sorry for what you're going through, but that doesn't give you the right to label and insult those who use terms you deem as disrespectful. My wife read this and thought you were over the top. She doesn't see the problem, and it's not something i call her on a regular basis, but have before. I have complete respect for this woman, and like was said, you don't know me well enough to insult me, call me out, or try to tell me how to live and love my wife!! I'm not stupid nor disrespectful!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                  The OP's wife is battling cancer as we speak so he might be a little sensitive about any form of disrespect towards our ladies. You and your family are still in my prayers Mr Alan.
                  Certainly changes the tune.

Buckshot, I'd like to apologize for any grief my comment caused and for what you and your wife are going through. KCA

Comment

Last edited by Burnadell; 09-10-2016, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jtslush View Post
                      I generally drink whiskey...without the pinkie thing!

Comment

It ain't what you call 'em, it's how you treat 'em! Our society puts too much emphasis on words.

Comment

I don't personally call my wife my ol lady, I normally call her babe. But it doesn't bother her if I would. And she refers to me as her ol man and it doesn't bother me. It's just words. It's all in how you treat one another. I think too many people worry about what others are doing instead of just minding their own business. Nobody pays my bills but me so they don't have a say in what I do or don't do.
                          Side note, hope your wife gets better. Cancer sucks

Comment

Lots of good laughs in this thread!

Comment

Need to unbunch the undies.

Comment

I'm trolling for Old Ladies......any Grandma's wanna hit the town with a Grandpa?

Comment

Working...
                                X