Granger WT Postcard Hunt 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
    Fyi for you draw hunters, a button buck is tagged as a doe because they don't want to burn the mld buck tags, it is logged into the log book as a button buck....it does not count towards your requirement of harvesting the 2 necessary does to then get a buck tag....had a gentlemen tell me today that one of his hunters killed a button buck and a doe so now he was buck hunting... um no, unless u want tpwd to confiscate your deer. Killing a button buck by accident is a freebee, it is not a reward..people didn't pay attention at orientation I guess...

They made that perfectly clear in the standby orientation, but there were a few not paying attention.

A button buck is legally an antlerless deer, same as the rest of the state, but would not count toward the 2 doe quota required for the buck tag on this hunt.

Comment

first buck

I got my first buck yesterday, ever. It wasn't a Granger beast, but I'm proud. Hunting Granger has been fun this season. Every hunter I've met out here has been friendly and helpful. Good luck to all of you, fill your tags.

Comment

Fyi for you draw hunters, a button buck is tagged as a doe because they don't want to burn the mld buck tags, it is logged into the log book as a button buck....it does not count towards your requirement of harvesting the 2 necessary does to then get a buck tag....had a gentlemen tell me today that one of his hunters killed a button buck and a doe so now he was buck hunting... um no, unless u want tpwd to confiscate your deer. Killing a button buck by accident is a freebee, it is not a reward..people didn't pay attention at orientation I guess...
        Will they still let you take two doe if you shoot a button buck at granger since the bag limit it two antlerless in that part of williamson county?

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
          Will they still let you take two doe if you shoot a button buck at granger since the bag limit it two antlerless in that part of williamson county?
          You need to contact Derrick and ask him.

Comment

Granger WT Postcard Hunt 2015

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post

Bag limits don't apply on MLD land.
            You're not using the tags from your license.

Yes, you can still shoot 2 more antlerless deer.
            The nubbin simply doesn't count toward your 2 antlerless quota necessary to receive your buck tag.

Comment

What denowt said!!!

Comment

What denowt said!!!
                I paid attention during orientation, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Gopher View Post
                  I got my first buck yesterday, ever. It wasn't a Granger beast, but I'm proud. Hunting Granger has been fun this season. Every hunter I've met out here has been friendly and helpful. Good luck to all of you, fill your tags.
                  Congrats Gopher!

Comment

Originally posted by Gopher View Post
                    Congrats Gopher! Still workin on my buck. Been seeing some nice deer, just need to find one who wants to come close enough to get shot. I am out hunting this evening, hopefully tonight is the night.

Comment

Originally posted by BlacktailSlayer View Post
                      Congrats Gopher! Still workin on my buck. Been seeing some nice deer, just need to find one who wants to come close enough to get shot. I am out hunting this evening, hopefully tonight is the night.
                      Good luck. Get after em.

Comment

For those of u who are still deer hunting, if u pour corn they will come....I'm done. As of yesterday at 1730. Got a nice 8, and my buck from last week lives, another hunter saw him limping but still very much alive.

Comment

For those of u who are still deer hunting, if u pour corn they will come....I'm done. As of yesterday at 1730. Got a nice 8, and my buck from last week lives, another hunter saw him limping but still very much alive.

Way to go NavyChief.

Comment

Thanks Capt Tank

Comment

my buck

8 ptClick image for larger version

Name:	20151216_190711.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	24420881

Comment

Holy cow chief he's a beaut...congrats and glad to hear the other one is still tickin

Comment

Working...
                                X