aaaaaaand Colt falls in line...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aaaaaaand Colt falls in line...

Colt Firearms is to cease rifle production for the civilian market. This will mark the end to some of the most iconic AR-15s ever.

Hasn't Colt just been whoring their name out to stay afloat anyways?

Comment

Probably getting a deal on the military market contracts.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Makes sense economically, how many Colt ARs do you see on store racks? Ironically they aren't that major of a player in the AR game anymore.

Doesn't seem to be politically motivated

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
          Hasn't Colt just been whoring their name out to stay afloat anyways?
          As far as I know, the only thing they allowed their brand on that wasn't theirs was that weird "Expanse" crap that came out a few years back. A lot of people came to the conclusion they were re-branded Anderson rifles. Everything else is still theirs and they still make high quality rifles. They just never kept up with the market as far as innovation and features go. They've always been government contract concentrated over the consumer.

This isn't the first time they've done something similar. My bet is it's a temporary stop in order to fulfill or gain contracts.

I seriously doubt it is political in nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
            Probably getting a deal on the military market contracts.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
            This right here.

Comment

Regardless of the actual reasoning, their timing and optics pretty much confirm that they don't give a rip about civilian consumers or they'd have not done this at this particular time due to the political climate optics... It just plain looks bad to about any civilian who owns a firearm and supports the 2nd Amendment...

I've never been a Colt fan, and now am even less likely inclined to buy anything Colt...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Regardless of the actual reasoning, their timing and optics pretty much confirm that they don't give a rip about civilian consumers or they'd have not done this at this particular time due to the political climate optics... It just plain looks bad to about any civilian who owns a firearm and supports the 2nd Amendment...

I've never been a Colt fan, and now am even less likely inclined to buy anything Colt...
                It's a crappy market to be in right now and has been for several years. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Comment

I thought they lost the mil contract for the M4 family to FN...I don't understand this company. Maybe the AR market is just saturated & not selling enough.

Says they are going to focus on 1911's & new revolvers because that is what customers want...you got rid of all the tooling that made some of the best revolvers in the world & now gonna start all over. They have made some bizarre biz decisions over time.

Comment

Fake news is fake news.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      I thought they lost the mil contract for the M4 family to FN...I don't understand this company. Maybe the AR market is just saturated & not selling enough.

Says they are going to focus on 1911's & new revolvers because that is what customers want...you got rid of all the tooling that made some of the best revolvers in the world & now gonna start all over. They have made some bizarre biz decisions over time.
                      Pretty sure they have contracts with foreign countries.

Comment

Yankee Marshall did a video on it yesterday. Said people aren't buying their AR's and they want to focus on getting government contracts and handguns. I don't follow it closely enough to have an informed opinion.

Comment

Their over-priced weapons just aren't selling.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                            As far as I know, the only thing they allowed their brand on that wasn't theirs was that weird "Expanse" crap that came out a few years back. A lot of people came to the conclusion they were re-branded Anderson rifles. Everything else is still theirs and they still make high quality rifles. They just never kept up with the market as far as innovation and features go. They've always been government contract concentrated over the consumer.

This isn't the first time they've done something similar. My bet is it's a temporary stop in order to fulfill or gain contracts.

I seriously doubt it is political in nature.
                            I bought a 1911 .22 that was branded as a Colt...but I think it was one of those Brazillian brands that were actually manufacturing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post

Bring back the Python

Comment

Working...
                              X