Wanted soft plastic lures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted soft plastic lures

Wanting to tinker around with making my own soft plastics. If y’all start keeping your used soft plastics and get a good chunk saved up I’ll gladly take them off your hands. If you get a good stock I’ll pay for shipping. I’m sure this will take a while so I’m starting now and will probably venture into this project slowly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s very hard to reuse/melt plastics to use again. Most will turn a black or very dark color when remelted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems a lot of folks have some success doing it as long as it’s not over heated; and the colors are mixed too much. Gonna start small and mostly for fun, if it works lol. Most expensive part seems to be the molds.

Comment

Man love me some soft plastic lures

Comment

PM me your address and I'll send you a bunch that I don't use anymore, well, unless they've been thrown away. I'll catch the freight, no worries.

Comment

Great thanks, PM sent.

Comment

You talking worms? or other lures? We use to make our own worm molds back in the 70's and poured many a worm in my day.

Comment

Soft plastics as in worms, lizards, crawls, anything of the sort.

Comment

My son and I were just talking about this yesterday. Right after we put about 20 worms in the carwash garbage

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems like a reasonable way to recycle them. Plus if you got a club or a local shop that will let you collect them then it should help save you from having to buy plastic. Just molds and injectors for a simple hobby.

Comment

Why don't you just go new?

There can be a lot of fun and creativity in your leisure time pouring worms. Here's what you need to know to get started.

Comment

Looking at recycling the plastics, figured I could save mine and ask for others trash/recyclables and see what happens. I have enough hobbies and didn’t want to invest very much since with the plastisol setup I’d need colors glitters scents and all the other extras. By recycling I just keep the colors close and they’ll come out fine. If it’s not worth my time I’m not stuck with much but molds and injectors.

Comment

Bump

Comment

I have some, but it will be a while before I have time to sort them out. If you haven't heard from me in a month, ring my bell.

Comment

New plastic is the way to go. re-heated doesn't hold together the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X