Can-am high seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
    Yeah I was very leery about the one that got me but I was assured it had been hundreds of mile across the ranch without an issue so I got in it and made it about 1200 yds from the camp when the bed came un latched at the first little ditch we crossed. The seat was elevated about 6-8 feet from the bed on that one so that may have had some effect on the latch failure IDK. But I wouldn't chance it with the kiddos riding on it.

Great looking build though none the less.
    Man, appreciate it. I’ll definitely be putting a strap on it. I couldn’t bear it if one of my littles got injured.

Comment

No Problem man, I often learn from my mistakes and at this point I'm a wealth of Knowledge. LOL. We have since started strapping them from the cab to the rack or from the rack to the undercarriage just depending on the design

Comment

My BIL had one on his Ranger--He bolted the bed down to the frame so it wouldn't come up. Just another idea.

Comment

Great looking build.

Comment

Originally posted by Welding Teach View Post
            My BIL had one on his Ranger--He bolted the bed down to the frame so it wouldn't come up. Just another idea.
            This, thats how my ranger is

Comment

High Seat

Also be careful of the whole machine tipping over backwards with the extra weight now in the back.....I know of a case where a child was hurt because of a total tip over.....not just the dump bed coming unlatched.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
                Does that have a dump bed on it! It it does, Please be sure and put a strap on it securing the bed to the frame so you don’t end up with a set of wings like I got from mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                That goes for any high rack with a dump bed. Knew a girl wh got dumped and ended up paralyzed. She passed last yr from complications caused by the accident.

Comment

Nice build for sure.

I too would not have thought about the bed coming up.....

Comment

I bolted my bed down when I put my high rack seat in my Ranger. No way it's coming unlatched. Very nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkS View Post
                      I bolted my bed down when I put my high rack seat in my Ranger. No way it's coming unlatched. Very nice work!
                      Good idea.

Comment

Working...
                      X