Bow popping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow popping

My son was shooting his bow this evening & every now & then you would hear a pop, like when pop a bull whip. It doesn’t do it all the time just every now & then. I looked it over & don’t see anything messed up or out of whack. It’s a 2014 DNA 50-60lbs turned down to 47lbs. Any ideas what I can look for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For starters that bow can only be turned down in 10#’s per the manufacturer’s recommendations, I’d start there.

Comment

Would bet money you need to grease the limb pockets.

Comment

Rockers/limb pockets would be first guess

And as muddyfuzzy stated if you are outside manufacturer recomendations/specs that is a good place to start.

Comment

50-60 lbs limbs and you have to 47 lbs? Any idea how many threads on the limb bolts are actually holding?
          Unless you had removed the string/cable in a vise then let off to screw the bolts in a few threads you may be risking injury.

Limb pockets sound like a possible issue. I would take it to a pro shop and let them take it down and check it out with string/cable and limbs removed. Last thing you want is that boy getting hurt

Comment

You could always take it in for a tune up

Comment

Like the others said, take it in somewhere and get it tuned up. It’ll fix your issue, plus anymore that may be off.

Comment

Could be simple as a dry limb pocket or as serious as a delaminated limb.

Time to have it taken down and checked.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                  Like the others said, take it in somewhere and get it tuned up. It’ll fix your issue, plus anymore that may be off.
                  Definitely have it checked out.

Comment

After a check over the limb bolts have a little more than 1/2” of threads in the riser. Everything is greased up. Problem is the QAD is not dropping. The arrow is slapping it down. So it maybe time to switch him over to a limb driver. This is about the 5th QAD that I’ve had problems with. This one is only about 6 months old.

Comment

something is out of whack tune wise, either the cams or like said above the limb-pockets

Comment

Check his nocks. He may not be clicking in his nock good, and is essentially dry firing the bow?

Comment

Sounds 100% like limb pockets

Comment

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
                            After a check over the limb bolts have a little more than 1/2” of threads in the riser. Everything is greased up. Problem is the QAD is not dropping. The arrow is slapping it down. So it maybe time to switch him over to a limb driver. This is about the 5th QAD that I’ve had problems with. This one is only about 6 months old.

where the string is attached to the rest, that connection could be loosening and not allowing the launcher to come into the full, upright launch position.. I don't know much about qad though..

Comment

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post

Glad to hear about the 1/2" of threads!!

Also glad you figured out the rest and I will keep an eye on my QAD drop away...

Comment

Working...
                              X