Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas ASA Federation Qualifier at Cross Timbers Archery Club in Eastland Jan. 26-27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas ASA Federation Qualifier at Cross Timbers Archery Club in Eastland Jan. 26-27

The Texas ASA Federation Tournament Trail will open the 2013 season this weekend January 26-27 at Cross Timbers Archery Club in Eastland, Texas.

10:00 am shotgun start on both Saturday and Sunday, You may shoot either day, Two 30 McKenzie target ranges, $30.00 entry fee for all adult classes and Young Adult classes, $16.00 for all Youth classes, $5.00 entry fee for all eagle classes. Cash pay backs for all adult classes, non cash awards for young adult and youth classes. Awards will be presented at approximately 4:00 pm on Sunday. ASA and Texas ASA rules apply and will be enforced.

Rule and Class Changes for 2013.
    • The 14 ring is no longer in play in regular ASA competition at the state or national level. If you hit a 14 ring it will count as 8 points.

• The low 12 ring is in play on ALL targets, for ALL classes. A shooter may elect to call the high 12 ring. The group must acknowledge that the shooter has called the high 12 ring. It is the shooters responsibility to make sure the group acknowledges his or her intention to shoot the high 12. The low12 will be out of play for that shooter on that target. When the next shooter steps to the stake the low 12 is again in play unless this shooter elects to call the high 12 ring.
    • Speed Limit Changes

The speed limit will be 290 fps + 3% for the following classes.
      Pro, Semi Pro, Known 50, Open A, Known 45, Open B, Senior Open, Unlimited, Limited
      299 is legal. 300+ is a DQ.

• For 2013 all state level shooting classes will be the same as Pro/Am classes concerning known or unknown distance.

• For 2013 there will be a Semi-Pro class and a Known 50 class at the state level events.

Semi-Pro Open 50 yards, 290 FPS
    Anyone who competed in the Semi-Pro class in their most recent year of ASA Pro/Am competition, had at least two top-ten finishes, and earned over $2,000.00 in ASA Pro/Am earnings must compete in Open Pro. Anyone that won over $200.00 in Semi-Pro in their most recent year of ASA Pro/Am competition, competed in a Pro Class within the last two years, has career earnings over $5,000.00, receives sponsor support over $2,000.00 per year in products, equipment, services or cash, or had two top ten finishes and more than $600.00 in ASA Pro/Am earnings in Open A in their most recent year of ASA Pro/Am competition is required to shoot in Semi-Pro or Pro.

Known 50 Open – Known distance only. 50 yards, 290 FPS
    Anyone required to compete in semi-pro or above may compete in this class.

ASA Pros are welcome to shoot at all qualifiers for fun and practice for $15.00. We will award a Men’s Pro (Open & Sr. combined) and Women’s Pro State Championship Gist buckle at the Texas ASA state championship. Pros from any state may compete without qualifying. $30.00 entry fee at state required to compete for state championship buckle.

The following class has been added by the Texas ASA Federation with permission from ASA for 2013.
    Senior Hunter Class -This is a Texas ASA Federation class only. We have had many requests for the addition of this class. We will award a State Championship and Shooter of the Year buckle for this class. There must be at least 3 competitors in a class in order to have a SOY competition for that class. (Per ASA Federation rules). Please be aware that this is NOT an official ASA class. Participants in this class will have to shoot Hunter or other class at an ASA Pro/Am. Participants must shoot in two ASA Pro/Ams in Hunter or other class in order to qualify for The ASA Classic. All rules concerning distance, equipment, known/unkown is same as Men's Hunter class. The ASA National office is going watch this class closely. If this class is a success at the state level it could become a Pro/Am class in the future.

* Senior Class age requirements are based on the age of the competitor as of December 31st of the current year
    • Known 50, Known 45, Known 40, Bow Novice, Women's Hunter, Young Adult Pins and Youth Pins will be ALL KNOWN distance.
    • Pro, Semi Pro, Open A, Senior Open, Super Senior, Master Senior, Unlimited, Limited and Women's Open will be all UNKNOWN distance.
    • Open B, Open C, Men's Hunter, Sr. Hunter, Women’s Open B, Women's Senior, Young Adult, Youth Boys, Youth Girls, Traditional, and All Eagle classes with be 1/2 Known Distance and 1/2 Unknown Distance
    • ASA Pros are welcome to shoot at all qualifiers for fun and practice for $15.00. We will award a Men’s Pro (Open & Sr. combined) and Women’s Pro State Championship Gist buckle at the Texas ASA state championship. Pros from any state may compete without qualifying. $30.00 entry fee at state required to compete for state championship buckle.

Please contact us if you have any questions regarding these changes to these classes for 2012.

If you are in a KNOWN distance class or a 1/2 known and 1/2 unknown class you MUST have a range finder. If you do not have a range finder we will assign you to a group that has a range finder.

For a complete schedule, rules, club links and more go to the Texas ASA Federation website at:

Cross Timbers has one of the most challenging 3D ranges in Texas. The terrain has many slight elevation changes that makes judging tricky. There are also many tree shaded lanes that are very deceiving. Come out and join us for a great 3D experience !!!!

We are looking forward to another great season and seeing our Texas ASA family !!!!

And remember.....

We Are the Next Best Thing to a Pro/Am.

Thanks in advance for your hardwork!!!

Comment

Looking forward to seeing Ray, Alan and the rest of the gang.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinpool View Post
        Looking forward to seeing Ray, Alan and the rest of the gang.
        We are glad to have you back shooting Todd.

Tracy talked to Ray last night. They are excited to host this first event for 2013. Ray and Alan will be super busy this week getting the ranges ready.

Comment

I think I am going to be able to make this shoot. Looking forward for the first shoot for the year and for my first trip to the Eastland club. Heard a lot of good things about this range.

Comment

I'm coming in sometime Saturday and I will shoot on Sunday. I am also bringing the Texas Archery Guides!

Comment

It is a great range.
              Always have a great time shooting Eastland.
              We will probably be there Saturday.

Comment

Saturday!

Comment

Originally posted by D C View Post
                  I think I am going to be able to make this shoot. Looking forward for the first shoot for the year and for my first trip to the Eastland club. Heard a lot of good things about this range.
                  What day you going ? Jayde wants to go. I guess you & Jayde will be competing this year

Comment

What day you going ? Jayde wants to go. I guess you & Jayde will be competing this year

Comment

Weather is looking good for this weekend. Highs in mid 50's to 60 with sun.

We are ready !!!!

Comment

Thx Mike, I'll be there shooting on Sat, are they still on the same location? Btw, it was nice seeing you & Tracy, you guys never age.

Comment

I guess I need to get ready for this opener

Comment

Originally posted by Brett C View Post
                            THinking about Sunday more than likely. Hope to have some 70lb limbs here this week and I can change them out on Saturday and get everything tuned in by sunday... Heres to hoping anyway.

He better bring a sack lunch

Comment

THinking about Sunday more than likely. Hope to have some 70lb limbs here this week and I can change them out on Saturday and get everything tuned in by sunday... Heres to hoping anyway.

He better bring a sack lunch

Comment

Working...
                              X