Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
    How do you like the VX-5? I'm thinking of going with the 3-15x56 on this build.
    I have the 3-15x56 and will be moving it to this build. I love it. Very clear and crisp, especially in low light. I use it for predator hunting and most of which is at night. Field of view is great as well.

Comment

Originally posted by XR650RRider View Post
      I used Seekins lows on the last build using a Lone Peak Razor action, so rail probably same height. I mounted a VX-5 HD with 56mm objective. I works but scope has to be in 1 position for the power ring to clear, this places the objective where it has maybe 1/32" clearance over barrel. It's the perfect height for me.
      Same here, I switched from mediums to lows. It is perfect IMO with lows and basically the same scope.

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
        Same here, I switched from mediums to lows. It is perfect IMO with lows and basically the same scope.
        So are y'all saying go with lows over the mediums?

Comment

on the tier 2 build are the actions able to be cerakoted as well or just the barrel?

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
            I'm not sure if I need mediums or lows. The guys saying they put low rings on last years build with a 56mm might be right, but this is a different action and barrel on the 2019 build. What was 1/32 of clearance last year might be different with this barrel/action. Maybe Robert can fill us in?

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
              I'm not sure if I need mediums or lows. The guys saying they put low rings on last years build with a 56mm might be right, but this is a different action and barrel on the 2019 build. What was 1/32 of clearance last year might be different with this barrel/action. Maybe Robert can fill us in?

That is what I’m thinking. 1/32nd isn’t much. And these stocks look to have a pretty tall cheek piece.

Comment

I have a VX-5HD 44mm on last years build with seekins lows and there is no way a 56mm would fit.... I think....

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter806 View Post
                  on the tier 2 build are the actions able to be cerakoted as well or just the barrel?
                  I wanted to cerakote the action too, no go. Barrel only

Comment

Originally posted by jettech17 View Post
                    I wanted to cerakote the action too, no go. Barrel only
                    Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
                      No, I had a brain fart, I saw 56 and read 52 (**** dyslexia ). You would probably have to go with mediums. Mine is a 52mm obj. and fits very close.

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                        No, I had a brain fart, I saw 56 and read 52 (**** dyslexia ). You would probably have to go with mediums. Mine is a 52mm obj. and fits very close.
                        Lol ok mediums it is.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                          I have a VX-5HD 44mm on last years build with seekins lows and there is no way a 56mm would fit.... I think....
                          We all know what "think" causes.

Once again, Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x56 Firedot duplex in Seekins lows (0.82") 30 mm rings.

Comment

Originally posted by XR650RRider View Post
                            We all know what "think" causes.

Once again, Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x56 Firedot duplex in Seekins lows (0.82") 30 mm rings.

Holy crap you have that scope pushed alllllllll the way in front lol

Looks like assuming got me as it usually does.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                              Too bad APR can't paint a stock to show us what there version will look like. I think there are a bunch of us that we're interested.

Robert would it be possible for your painter to paint a stock similar to the Mesa version of the Carbon desert night so we can see what it will look like?

This is what it would be. Ya'll will have to decide if it's close enough.

Original

Copy

Alternative

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                                Holy crap you have that scope pushed alllllllll the way in front lol

Looks like assuming got me as it usually does.
                                That’s fine but I’d go mediums just because of eye relief adjustability considering how much room you have with the mounting tube in front of the turret. I’ve got mediums on most of my vx6’s and I can move them back with plenty of room.

Comment

Working...
                                X