Gander outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gander outdoors

Just left the Tyler store. Don’t see how they will fair any better than gander mountain did to be honest. 2/3 of the parking lot is taken up with RVs. About 5 cars in the remaining of the parking lot granted it’s a Thursday morning. For the most part everything I saw inside was overpriced compared to other retailers.

Same location as the old store?

Comment

The one in Ft Worth has closed already

Comment

I went in for the first time this past Saturday. Your assessment is spot on.

Comment

If this is part of Marcus Lemonis company I won't be going in.

Comment

The owner has made it clear he doesnt want any Trump supporters buisness.
            The one in Spring,Tx was impressive inside, but cant see them surviving.

Comment

They are proud of their stock, but I did find some good deals on clearance Camo.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                The owner has made it clear he doesnt want any Trump supporters buisness. .
                If this is accurate, it is only a matter of time before they all close shop.

Comment

The one in Amarillo is kinda stuffed full of stuff. About a 1/3 of it is RV sales with an office or 2 and RVs inside as well as outside in the parking lot. Prices are a little above say academy but probably even with or slightly less than cabelas. I bought a good sam membership which paid for itself with the purchase of a pistol and has paid for itself multiple times over with 5% or more of purchases. The membership is also good at camping world the mother company since I have a camper that's a plus. The ammo selection is drastically better that Academy. It has a pretty decent selection of kayaks and accessories. Last I read on the Gander Mountain stuff camping world was only going to keep open locations that were they felt they could include RV/Boat sales. They also bought out a pretty large RV dealership in Amarillo that would have been major competition for them.
                  Last edited by DuramaxDude; 02-28-2019, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    Same location as the old store?
                    Yes.

Comment

Dead man walking!

cricman

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                        The one in Ft Worth has closed already
                        Lasted seven whole months, though. Very much a poor reincarnation of the first failed version.

Comment

Originally posted by sandbill View Post
                          Lasted seven whole months, though. Very much a poor reincarnation of the first failed version.
                          People who have no knowledge of a business obviously.....wait liberals too

Comment

I've bought some ammo and a pistol safe at the Spring store when academy didn't have what I needed. Only difference I see is a ton of RV's and a lot less fishing gear.

Comment

Everyone keep a eye out for “Gander deal alerts or clearance sale”. Could hit the mother load!

Comment

Working...
                              X