Short film a bout Wilks Brothers and MT land transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short film a bout Wilks Brothers and MT land transfer

I drove through Cisco this weekend, and the town seems to be doing quite well, thanks, at least in part, per my understanding of what I've read on the web, to some economic stimulus made possible by the Wilks brothers. I came across this video about the Wilks brothers attempt to engage in a land transfer in MT. I'm an advocate of public lands, but, being from Texas, certainly understand how we Texans hold near and dear our private property rights. Easy to see things from both sides of this coin. Anyway, thougth I'd share.

I'm 5 mins in and enjoying it.

Comment

Wilks is buying up every piece of land in Eastland County that's over 100 acres in size. The broker that sold me my land 14 years ago, shut down his brokerage business and went to work full time for the Wilk's family. He spends most of his time on one of their jets going back and forth from Montana and New Mexico buying land up out there. Heck, I had a lease with Cisco Junior College for 5 years until they wanted to have a rodeo team and put the land up for sale. Wilks snapped it up and told us to leave. Must be nice to be super rich.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

It looks like they own about 370 pieces of property in eastland county according to the CAD website.

Comment

They sure exploited that little girl to push their agenda.

Comment

Super wealth sure seems to bring out the best in people.
              Ted Turner has bought thousands of acres too.

Comment

The Wilks brothers had a successful masonry business for years. They also sold some oilfield equipment and other stuff along the way. Years back they invested heavily in a little company called Frac Tech. When the last gas boom hit, they got paid, and handsomely. Basically, their company perfected the science of fraccing, and they did heaven only knows how many wells. They cashed in big.

According to what I've read, they sold the majority of their shares in FT, and are now enjoying life.

Their sons, are developers. The new big development that is out near Aledo is being funded by them.

Comment

Interesting. Thanks for posting Simek.

Comment

That was interesting for sure. Good for the people of Montana!

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                      The Wilks brothers had a successful masonry business for years. They also sold some oilfield equipment and other stuff along the way. Years back they invested heavily in a little company called Frac Tech. When the last gas boom hit, they got paid, and handsomely. Basically, their company perfected the science of fraccing, and they did heaven only knows how many wells. They cashed in big.

According to what I've read, they sold the majority of their shares in FT, and are now enjoying life.

Their sons, are developers. The new big development that is out near Aledo is being funded by them.
                      I was curious if that was the same Wilks. They are doing a nice job on their developments in Willow Park.

Comment

They have done very well....

Comment

Working...
                        X