Gander making a comeback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing employment/recruitment ads in Lubbock for Gander Outdoors. Real estate never went on the market for lease or sale. Maybe they just determined they needed to reorganize and recalibrate

If they don’t fix their pricing strategy whatever they’re doing won’t last.

Comment

Maybe some locations will. I’ve heard rumors that Cabela’s is on the chopping block

I’m pretty sure the Gander that was in Arlington is a Pottery Barn Outlet now

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
        Seeing employment/recruitment ads in Lubbock for Gander Outdoors. Real estate never went on the market for lease or sale. Maybe they just determined they needed to reorganize and recalibrate

Yes they are opening new stores. There is one on I-10 somewhere around Lafayette in Breaux Bridge but I haven’t had a chance to stop in yet.

Hopefully they have their pricing right this time and offer higher end products than Academy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Black Ice; 07-07-2019, 04:01 PM.

Comment

The reorganized and rebranded about a year ago if that’s what you are referring to

Comment

Be nice if they would be what Cabelas used to be, good prices for high quality branded items. Years ago I only bought Cabelas brand boots and clothing, great quality at lower prices. Typical though, grew on that formula then abandoned it.

Comment

Just went in the one in spring and purchased some bullets some prices were not to bad. I’ll go back a lot of camping stuff now.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                The reorganized and rebranded about a year ago if that’s what you are referring to
                No. I mean they closed the Lubbock location, but apparently are recruiting new store staff per several job recruitment emails I received this past week

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                  Maybe some locations will. I’ve heard rumors that Cabela’s is on the chopping block

I’m pretty sure the Gander that was in Arlington is a Pottery Barn Outlet now
                  Bass Pro's Johnny Morris owns it now. It their something else in the works??
                  Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                  Yes they are opening new stores. There is one on I-10 somewhere around Lafayette in Breaux Bridge but I haven’t had a chance to stop in yet.

Hopefully they have their pricing right this time and offer higher end products than Academy.

Marcus Lemonis is a major stake holder in Gander Mountain now. He is the guy with the business show, "The Profit!"

Comment

Found some smoking deals on clearance after Christmas at Dpring Gander. Stop by whenever I’m in the area.

Comment

I read the title as gender making a comeback... ha

Comment

The one near town east mall is turning into a trampoline outfit. Urban Air, I believe. The RV lot on I30 and Gus Thomason Rd. popped a Gander sign recently, not sure exactly when though.

Comment

One in Tyler reopened

I was skeptical but went in to check things out when I was in the area anyway.

Should have gone with my gut, same crap at same pricing

Only time I intend to go back is if they have another going out of business sale

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                            Bass Pro's Johnny Morris owns it now. It their something else in the works??
                            A lot of their (Cabela’s) brick and mortar stores will be closing over the next 12-24mo. I’d expect to see about 8

Hope that Ganders new ownership does a good job. Good brick and mortar outdoor stores are becoming few and far between

Comment

I personally like gander. Less people. Higher quality stuff. But I never buy unless it's on sale. I got a killer deal on a Weber grill in Tyler awhile back.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X